It is just me who seems to think this way?
Kids these days seem extremely smart compare to the days I grew up. I'm watching some of these 5 yr olds using the parents cell phone to play games etc, while I was chewing cigarette butts at that age 馃
4
|
Gangstress36-40, F
They're like mini adults lol
BigDawg56-60, M
[@467717,Gangstress] They are, absolutely!
Maddog7346-50, M
That sounds about right,but at the same time tgey have no common sense because they didn't chew butts or swallow marbles
BigDawg56-60, M
[@516948,Maddog73] 馃ぃ
MushroomFaerie26-30, F
That doesn't make them smarter, they are just exposed to things we were not. My grandma thought I was clever with technology but really I was just better than her because it was around alot earlier in my life than hers. Though her and my grandad were amazing with their cell phones and computers compared to others their age.
plungesponge36-40, M
I dunno. The tide pod thing just makes me think they aren't that smart.
check56-60, M
It's just you, tide pod eating and school shooting didn't happen then.
frequentlyme70-79, M
It does seem that way... I often marvel at how clever kids are today; but then I was quite clever at making whole cities out of a pile of leaves, sticks and mud while I played in the yard.
BigDawg56-60, M
[@657416,frequentlyme] Where I lived, was a lot of woods and a small farm. I used to build tree forts and ride the cow, LOL
frequentlyme70-79, M
[@649185,BigDawg] Yah, just a different time, and honestly, while I do admire the smarts kids ahve today, I wonder at times about their life skills.
BigDawg56-60, M
[@657416,frequentlyme] I think it varies for some of these kids as they get older. Some mature and become something of themselves, while others cause problems with society. At least with us, we were more raised with respect and being polite. Probably has something to do with the era we grew up in.
You're absolutely right , one year old kids know how to talk like they're 20. I was dumb as hell when I was their age . Heck at age 4 they know more than me when I was 12. I think it's the internet , it has given them knowledge we didn't have.

It is just me who seems to think this way? | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds