Email or Username

I'm calling myself an adult in transition, i was so foolish to call myself an adult when I was 18
I'm going to be 24 tomorrow and I still don't know how to adult properly.
|
plungesponge · 31-35, M
Being an adult is easy, you just have to have your loved ones destroy your dreams
plungesponge · 31-35, M
hahaha it happened to me when I was 18. Through the exquisite twists of a family turning on itself and a blind faith that love is all the world needs. We all live funny stories like these, but it's like jazz, you gotta laugh at the punchline that isn't coming.
offingg · 22-25, F
[@20312,plungesponge] Aw, i'm so sorry, at least it gave you an early start to understanding the world.
plungesponge · 31-35, M
hahahahah that it did
taintedprincess · 41-45, F
I am 40 and am still learning..
offingg · 22-25, F
[@464887,taintedprincess] That's the spirit, there's always room to learn.
hewhocumsbynight · 22-25, M
I know that feeling. I'm 23, and I feel like such an utter incompetent.
hewhocumsbynight · 22-25, M
[@411353,offingg] Good on you! It is hard, but I'm sure that you can do it!

I beat myself up a lot, partially due to depression, and how hard growing up is doesn't help. At the worst points, it sometimes feels like I haven't truly grown since I was in middle school.
offingg · 22-25, F
[@8862,hewhocumsbynight] Hmm, I think what you're feeling is similar to that feeling you have when you studied so hard for the test and think that you can't remember anything but you actually do. Trust me, there is no way you didn't learn so much since then, even if it doesn't feel like it.

And yeah, depression is an old buddy of mine. I get it.
hewhocumsbynight · 22-25, M
[@411353,offingg] It's a horrible dark sea indeed. And yeah, I know that objectively, but sometimes I just fuck up in some childish way and it seems like nothing's really changed.
sassypants · 36-40, F
Being an adult is a work in progress.
sassypants · 36-40, F
[@411353,offingg] and some of us never truly grow up.
offingg · 22-25, F
[@581300,sassypants] I honestly think not growing up at heart is always a good idea/decision. Here's to never truly growing up.
sassypants · 36-40, F
[@411353,offingg] I have to say I agree with you. 😊
itsok · 26-30
I'm not sure if there will ever be a point where I've decided I'm finally an adult. Some people say it's when you pay your own bills, or have to buy things you don't want. But even well after those things, and making major decisions that impact my and others' lives, I still feel like a kid that's winging it.
itsok · 26-30
Happy birthday, by the way! [@411353,offingg]
offingg · 22-25, F
Thank you haha!! [@385420,itsok]
walabby · 61-69, M
[@385420,itsok] Grandchildren definitely make you feel adult, but the bad news then is that it's getting close to dementia, when you regress back into babyhood... :(
walabby · 61-69, M
Hey, If I did it, you can do it... :)
Actually, nothing matures a person like having kids. You may not be ready for that yet but it will do the trick...
offingg · 22-25, F
[@1116,walabby] oh no, i'm pretty sure i'm not going to have kids
walabby · 61-69, M
[@411353,offingg] That's OK. There is no shortage of people in this world, that's for sure... :)
imnosaint · 26-30
Start using the word 'cunt' and 'fuck' a lot..

I'm calling myself an adult in transition, i ... | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds