I Am Not Very Close With My Relatives

I don't deal with my so called " uppity" family. The garbage that I went through under these people was hell. I left home at an early age I hated them so much. The last time I spoke to my "family" resulted in me losing it on them. I really let them know how I felt about the way they treated me growing up and all the dirt they did that they didn't think I knew about.
I cut my ties with my family after that day and it has been years since I've seen them. Believe me, I don't miss them.
4
|
BigDawg · 56-60, M
I'm sorry, that sucks. Sometimes our own friends becomes more like family. You did the right thing it sounds, cut the ties.
AnarchoMetalchic · 36-40
My husband had to cut ties with his family as well. Some people are just toxic, and it doesn't matter who they are.
Rhodesianman · 51-55, M
I know how you feel .I don't get on with my inlaws and don't see much of them and its the way we like it .I never got on with my dad who has since passed aqway and I never see my brother his choice and it doesn't bother me at all .
greenmountaingal · 70-79, F
If you read my Featured story you'll know that growing up and also later in life my family was frightening; my mother still scares me--and she's been dead for 13 years!

You did the right thing; sometimes cutting ties is the only thing to do. I wish I had been able to do that, but it just wasn't a possibility. My mother belonged to a very powerful group, she had powerful friends, and they would've found me anywhere.
ladyinrage · 56-60, F
[@358142,greenmountaingal] I used to write my stories on this website called Experience Project. I wrote about my family there. Their ignorance was appalling!😡😡
greenmountaingal · 70-79, F
[@693693,ladyinrage] Hmmm...Sorry I guess I don't remember you--I, too, was on EP for a couple of years. It sounds like we had at least one situation in common.

I Am Not Very Close With My Relatives
Categories: Family Struggles, Parenting and Family

I don't deal with my so called " uppity... | I Am Not Very Close With My Relatives | Similar Worlds