I Would Go Back In Time If I Could
My hobby is genealogy, and I would love to go back 150 years to see how my great-great grandparents lived and even farther back to 1750 to find out exactly what my last name should be. I think my 4th great grandfather changed it.
luv2fly352 · 70-79, M
Sites like Ancestry are good places to search.Good luck!
exexec · 61-69, M
[@589821,luv2fly352] I've been on Ancestry for many years, along with other genealogy sites. So far DNA hasn't helped, other than to eliminate some families, further strengthening my suspicion that my last name isn't really what it should be.
Salix75 · 41-45, F
it can be a fascinating pastime. I'd love to be able to fill in the gap between when my family came over from Scotland to Ireland...our tree ends (begins?) in the 1700s and I can't make any ties before then. Frustrating
exexec · 61-69, M
[@327737,Salix75] It is interesting. I have most of my lines back to Europe in the 1600's, and some earlier. It's the main male line that has me stumped in North Carolina in 1750.
Salix75 · 41-45, F
[@11378,exexec] Like yourself I tried the DNA route too...but haven't found any matches thus far. The paper trail and Ancestry did lead me to distant cousins on other branches however
exexec · 61-69, M
I have connected with a few people through DNA, but they look to me as the expert on our line and were no help. DNA has eliminated all the men suggested by contributors to Ancestry.com.
olderuncle944 · 61-69, M
i know my family on my mothers side went back to the 1700s theirs even an old fort still standing in va called the Kilgore fort i hav seen it several time i have a 3rd cousin that clams to have traced ou family back to 1066 battle of Hastings but i have no idea i know im English,Scottish,Irish and Cherokee

I Would Go Back In Time If I Could
Health Regrets