I Had A Strict Mother Growing Up

The following list contains examples of poor attitudes that I had from time to time as a young teenage girl. My mother was able to remove them within ten remarkably intense minutes, for many weeks to come, before they mysteriously re-appeared, and the therapy had to be repeated.

— I am little Miss Knows-it-All. Everybody else is stupid.

— I can get away with everything because I am smarter than you.

— Rules are for the masses, not for me.

— The whole world is bad and only I know.

— Only fools wear rubber boots just because it's raining.

— Boys in my peer group know better than my mother what sort of shoes I should wear.

— I deserve better; and better; and better.

— The "healthy" food I get from my mother is an embarrassment - I need real food and I need it now.

— It's my room/my bike so [b][c=#BF0080]*I*[/c][/b] decide whether I'll clean it or not.

— A genius like me doesn't need practice, especially not as far as Math is concerned.

— I have a right to roll my eyes whenever I want.

— It’s [i]my[/i] room; I can slam the door whenever I want to.

— This music [i]must[/i] be listened to at a very high volume, and especially in the middle of the night.

— Why would I want to greet our neighbor?

— I did not choose my relatives, why would I be kind to them?

— I did not invent Pentecost, why would I have to visit my relatives on Whit Monday?

— It's not my fault that I have to complain a lot. I need those shoes.

[to be continued...]
43
|
Edited: 1 yr ago
Petra1960 · 56-60, F
You are talking about me when I was in my early teens. I got the same tharapy as you.lol
helenS · 31-35, F
@Petra1960: It would be great if we could extend the list. If you know other typical examples of poor attitude that needed to be removed to make you a better girl, please tell us, and I will happily include them in the list.

I Had A Strict Mother Growing Up
Categories: Family Struggles, Parenting and Family

The following list contains examples of poor attit... | I Had A Strict Mother Growing Up | Replies | Similar Worlds