Science & Technology

How do I define min/max values in csv files?
I need to have csv files ready for being plotted in R (similar to python) and I always get the error of min/max values missing, even if I create csv files by Excel.
0
|
Sunujing · 41-45, M
I don’t work in R or python but if you are having an issue there almost assuredly is a specific field that need to be populated defining min and max. Probably in the header of the file.
scooogy · 26-30, M
[@520834,Sunujing] i've tried a sample file in a tutorial, and there this failure came up
Gangstress · 36-40, F
Make sure its formatted as it should be.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@956065,scooogy] argh. Sorry. Excel likes secrets
scooogy · 26-30, M
[@467717,Gangstress] I just need to have a valid sample file to try out for plotting.
scooogy · 26-30, M
[@467717,Gangstress] grat news :3 I found an editor dedicated to csv files and a quick sample file finally did it for me 👍
Northwest · M
A csv file is not a binary file, meaning you can read it in a text editor. You can also use Google Docs. What you need to do, is create a Google spreadsheet, or use Excel. Put min as the header of the first column and max as a header for the second column, fill in the values, and save it as a .csv.

Science & Technology

How do I define min/max values in csv files? | Science & Technology | Similar Worlds