I Love the Countryside

Lovely walk today

Had a terrific walk today out through some woods I've not walked in years that are covered in a blanket of bluebells at the moment, then back over the top of the downs and through the orchards to home.

I'm so blessed to live where I do
AsificairM
the blue bells are at their peak right now. 馃 erm... didnt you make the decision to live where you do
OldBrit56-60, M
[@854658,Asificair] In a large sense no - I live within a mile of where I was born and if you trace back through my heritage you'll get back to turn of the 18th to 19th century... still in the same parish! We don't move very far. My son has moved away but he was first to ever get to university too. My daughter.... lives on what was the brickfields my great great great grandfather worked on.

I suppose I have a choice but I've never used it
RubySoo51-55, F
No pics??
OldBrit56-60, M
[@329653,RubySoo] No for some reason I never got the phone out - I was just soaking it up today
RubySoo51-55, F
[@464873,OldBrit] to be fair....thats the vest way to enjoy it. XXX
hunkalove61-69, M
Detroit?
OldBrit56-60, M
[@45528,hunkalove] Been many years since I walked about Detroit - probably over 15 years since I was there at all
hunkalove61-69, M
[@464873,OldBrit] I hear it's beautiful. The Falakata of America!
JustNik46-50, F
Sounds delightful!
smiler201256-60, M
{@oldbrit ] yes i do agree we do not realise how lucky us brits are having such a wonderful countryside which holds so much beauty and this is why we should protect it for future generatiions
OldBrit56-60, M
[@3749,smiler2012] Most of the walk was in an area of outstanding natural beauty so hopefully whilst they are likely to take the orchards soon for more houses the woods and the "banks" as we call them (grazing land on the downs) should be protected.
Rickichickie56-60, F
Awwww, bluebells! We have only one forest in Germany where they grow like crazy. It鈥榮 an one hour drive there and I rely on somebody to take me there. Never have been there. :(

I Love the Countryside
Travel