What's this I hear about some guy leaving here due to a woman who lied to him?
How is that supposed to be fair? Why can't the liar be removed permanently from the site and then her victim can safely return? All liars should be permanently banned from the Internet, full stop.
1
|
Quizzical · 41-45, M
First I heard of it
Peppa · F
?
Glambarber · 26-30, F
[@305137,Justlilyg] It was in someone's profile, I found it through an old message.
Peppa · F
[@850694,Glambarber] interesting. Seems sad theyd announce thst on theor profile and not just leave. Feels like they looking for something.
Which would make me distrust them
They can't really permaban people, and it's probably better for him that he's taking time away from the site anyway if he's that hurt.
[@850694,Glambarber] They can't. Even if they issue an IP ban there are ways for people to get around them. All you can do is report them again for circumventing bans and hope they get bored and give up.
Glambarber · 26-30, F
[@67788,Aiyana] IP bans will never work, that's a stupid suggestion. People use libraries and Internet cafes for sites like this so they'll be on the same IP as dozens of other users. They can't ban places like that.
[@850694,Glambarber] I wasn't suggesting anything. That's the highest ban the admins can give out here. Seems like you made a post just to argue and behave as if your morals are superior, so nvm. You can't just ban people for lying. That's stupid. People are liars. No, it's not right and it's not okay, but you have to get over it. Mods can't be on 24/7 monitoring people's conversations so they can swoop in when someone does something mean.
Keepitsimple · 46-50, F
Nobody is guaranteed the truth here. It’s the risk you take when socializing here and that doesn’t violate the TOS. Quite honestly this a rather common thing here.
Keepitsimple · 46-50, F
Then perhaps my answer wasn’t clear enough for you. Nobody is owed the truth on this site. It’s anonymous.[@850694,Glambarber]
Glambarber · 26-30, F
[@11509,Keepitsimple] Well, if I ran this site people would tell the truth on it or be expelled from it. Which is preferable?
Keepitsimple · 46-50, F
Oh my goodness...are you old owner of R2T? She believed in unicorns and rainbows also.[@850694,Glambarber]
Somebody lied on the internet?!? SHOCKING.
Glambarber · 26-30, F
[@436099,MorbidCynic] Unfortunately yes, and she has caused distress for an innocent person. That's not acceptable by society, is it?
BiblicalWarrior · 46-50, M
That would eliminate the majority of the human population.
Pinkstarburst · 46-50, F
If all liars were banned from the internet there would be no internet. Lies are one of life's inevitabilities. We just have to suck it up and move on.
Davemcdave · 41-45, M
Well maybe its for the best that he leaves. The internet is known for the weird and wonderful. This is a social site, not a dating or a friendship site. If these things come about then you are lucky.
If the woman has lied then he has learned a lesson. Don't trust people on the Internet.
As for banning, if the reports and evidence are good enough hopefully the people here will delete the account. But people will find their way back if they are interested.
Unfortunately, that’s why SW shouldn’t be treated as a dating site; there’s no way to vet people. And if SW can’t effectively verify male from female, married or coupled from single, minor from adult posters, how could they ever verify who was lying about anything else ? “Sic caveat emptor” certainly applies here, alas. 😒
Bootsiebaby · 41-45, F
Who was that? Please message me to avoid posting names on here.

What's this I hear about some guy leaving her... | Similar Worlds | Similar Worlds