Can someone please explain how hiatuses work on SW?
Because I've been trying to figure it out for weeks and I'm so confused. I don't want to delete my account, leave SW forever. I just want to know how to make it say I'm on hiatus on my profile for a while. That's all.
3
|
sighmeupforthat · 41-45, M
just put it on your profile.

doesn't have to be a big deal.
Your account will have a notice saying that you are away on beach or something. That limited messages and notification will not go through but messages will be on request I think.
Aiyana · 22-25, F
you go through the leave SW process and make sure the "keep my profile public" box is checked at the bottom when it asks you why you're leaving
RoboChloe · 22-25, F
[@67788,Aiyana] It makes a big fuss about losing coins and stuff, I don't want all that, I just want a banner saying I'm gone for a while.
1GHOST · M
[@319069,RoboChloe] Ask NUNO hes founder / admin to make sure
SweetMae · 61-69, F
Make a featured story. Leave it at the top.
onestarrynight · 56-60, M
Go through the delete process..
You're going to be prompted to state why you are leaving, check the box that says this is only temporary and at the bottom of the same list leave your profile visible...
Complete the process and we'll see your profile with the hiatus notice on the top..
RoboChloe · 22-25, F
[@349735,onestarrynight] That seems convoluted. It should be a totally separate option, instead of having to give me 20 heart attacks about potentially nuking my profile by accident...
onestarrynight · 56-60, M
[@319069,RoboChloe]
That's the way it works, you wont lose anything as long as you dont permanently delete.. and that's an even more convoluted process.
RoboChloe · 22-25, F
[@2,Nuno] Can you please separate the Hiatus option from the Delete Account option? It doesn't make sense to keep them together, they're an entirely different thing, and I don't appreciate you triggering my anxiety any more than it needs to be by giving me a great opportunity to accidentally delete my profile. Thank you.
diablo · 41-45, MVIP
[@319069,RoboChloe] Did he ever do that for you?
ronisme1 · 61-69, M
Just leave a story that you will be back and leave the account. You can also leave a message to all
XXbc7 · 18-21, M
Is it that big of a a deal though? Most people just assume a hiatus is happening

Can someone please explain how hiatuses work on SW... | Similar Worlds | Similar Worlds