Life

Mama is right, right?
Mom banned me from seeing my friend ever again because he's normal and i'm in a wheelchair even though i've known him for years before i got disabled and started using a wheelchair. She says disabled people should only be friends with disabled people. She judged my friend because he's at a low in his life right now and concluded that he's after money from me. She said the only reason a normal person would be friends with a disabled person is because of money. I cannot really say why he's stayed friends with me despite me being disabled but what i know is that he's been there for me when i needed somebody to talk to and i've tried my best to listen to him when he needed somebody to talk to but my mom doesn't want us to hang out. What hurts the most is that i'm 27 but because of my disability people force me to do what they want when they want and i can't do nothing about it. What i miss the most about being! normal is my independence
3
|
I dont agree with her.
NearMiss · 41-45, F
Do you have a counselor that you can talk to about these things? Your mom doesn't really have the right to tell you what to do, but a counselor can give you a second opinion.
karysma · 26-30, F
I'm tired of being controlled by everyone in my life m, just wish there was somebody out there to be my voice, someone who'll be able to get my point across on my behalf
Fungirlmmm · 46-50, F
I'm sorry this has happened to you. I guess the nature of your disability leads your mom to be overprotective. What if your mom were involved with the relationship more? Would she be more open if she knew your friend better? Just my thoughts. Blessings on your journey.
karysma · 26-30, F
I didn't wanna have to hide our friendship anymore that's why i decided to introduce them to each other but mom saw him and judged him harshly because of his appearance. She's very very judgmental and upright
Be friends with who makes you happy, and don't let your mom determine who your friends are, you are a woman; just because you're in a wheelchair doesn't mean you are incapable of making your own well thought out deciscions. Best of luck sweetheart.
Agree 110%
SocialSmocial · 26-30, M
My sister is disabled. She is not only my sister she is also my friend.
SoulAsylum · 26-30, M
That's Ludacris thinking non handicapped people and the handicapped can't be friends.
Loretta78 · 41-45, F
I am so sorry for you! :-(
I don't think your mom was right to ban your friend.
NearMiss · 41-45, F
So what happened with this anyway? Are you still friends with the guy?
NearMiss · 41-45, F
@karysma: I'm thinking maybe you should. It would help you be less dependent on your parents because you can get outside advice.
karysma · 26-30, F
@NearMiss: I'll think about it
NearMiss · 41-45, F
@karysma: OK.

Life

Mama is right, right? | Life | Similar Worlds