Life
Mildly Adult · Notifications: No Notifications · Newest First
ReaperofTime · 41-45, M
Brave isnt picking a fight in bars. Or being the biggest bully on the block. Brave is protecting your loved ones in the face of grievous harm. Or standing up for what is right despite overwhelming odds. Being scared to death. But riding forth anyway. That is bravery.
InvaderNice · 22-25, M
Being scared to death but riding forth anyway is exactly what I'm talking about. I would rather pick a fight with someone who wants to hurt me than just let them hurt me.

And I didn't say I want to be a bully.
ReaperofTime · 41-45, M
@InvaderNice: just saying choose your battles. And make sure the threat is real and worth the outcome
Xuan12 · 31-35, M
I wouldn't advise such an action. 99% of the time, it's not worth the consequences to bother with such jerks. If you want to encourage more braveness in yourself, I recommend becoming a volunteer EMT or similar position. It takes a little training and education, but it's a valuable public service, and will likely require you to confront some difficult situations. Such as people who are in dire medical emergencies, responses to wounded people near or in crime scenes, erratic or panicking patients who need help, but are uncooperative or even violent due to their injuries. It's not a job for the faint of heart.
ajsk13 · 46-50, M
you don't want to get in a fight in a public bar ...guess who goes to jail? YOU and most bars have regulars the odds are not in your favor... this is one reason I drink at home and party with friends ,looking for trouble is just that trouble
Datdudeblack · 31-35, M
being brave is doing what you believe regardless the outcome. if you willing to get your ass handed to you to stand up for yourself sounds brave to me. but at the same time stupid. you cant fight but put yourself in harms way is stupid. but whats more important to you?
LucyFuhr · 51-55, F
I admire your brave aspirations but may I suggest you pick and choose your battles?

Bravery is a big deal and a lot of effort and you don't want to waste that kind of energy on just any *sshole.

You're better off working on not being intimidated than you are standing up to someone. If you weren't intimidated in the first place you wouldn't feel the need to "stand up".

You can't fix the world but you [i]can[/i] fix [i]you[/i].
Y'know what I'm saying?
InvaderNice · 22-25, M
Yes. That's really good advice. Thank you.
LucyFuhr · 51-55, F
@InvaderNice: You're very welcome :)

Life