This post may contain Adult content.
Life

9/10 girls have reported sexual assault in SCHOOLS (IN FUCKING SCHOOLS)

apparently its been said sexual harassment is a part of life (WTF)

Why is this being normalised.

source - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57411363
ragingfire · 31-35, M
Ugh, makes me feel disgusted. I have a little sister and this creepy world bothers me every moment. The ones who normalized this should be set on fire.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@429468,ragingfire] I often get asked why didn't you want kids, my answer, I do not want to bring kids up on this world full of tech, its not living and it would be unfair on the child to learn life in this manner.

Please watch over your little sister - I know you would - but girls don't talk - I know that coz I was like that when I was younger, I thought it was normal.
ragingfire · 31-35, M
[@467717,Gangstress] [quote] do not want to bring kids up on this world full of tech, its not living and it would be unfair on the child to learn life in this manner.
[/quote]

Trust me, we are debating. Laura wants kids and I can't crush her dreams, but I feel the same way as you do.

I always watch over her, my friend and she knows that I'll raise hellfire if anyone points a finger at her.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
my friend, hand on heart, out of any one I know in this world, you two would be best parents a child can have, and that's because of the way you see life.

I knew you would my friend, I had no doubt <3 [@429468,ragingfire]
TheSunisout · 56-60, M
The problem is how to stop it!
AbbySvenz · F
😁🔪[@11430,TheSunisout]
Gangstress · 36-40, F
education clearly isn't working mate, kids need to be told by their loved ones whats right or wrong, I got taught at home to respct others not school - school fills with hate.

its differnet for them now. too much societal pressues, ones we could avoid, they cant.

If young Ben got told of his mum to respect everyone and be kind he would listen, ben isn't going to listen to mrs teacher who cant even be arsed being there coz she gets paid £1 less for doing a job she supposedly loves [@11430,TheSunisout]
[@603039,AbbySvenz] just ask the former mrs john wayne bobbits
Classified · M
That's sick 😩
Gangstress · 36-40, F
but its occurring, and something we cant all ignore [@444927,Classified]
Classified · M
[@467717,Gangstress] True, measures must be taken
Rosiechick13 · 26-30, F
This is why I'm homeschooling.....
Gangstress · 36-40, F
100% respect that[@1122346,Rosiechick13]
Rosiechick13 · 26-30, F
[@467717,Gangstress] Between that and shootings, and removing history ... No thanks
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@1122346,Rosiechick13] they like to tell us about their version of events.
It's bad out there :(
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@919584,TeaNTea] Its really bad
Harlequin · F
Damn. Then you cant avoid it like church because school is a legal right 🤬
Gangstress · 36-40, F
oh you can [@1133086,Harlequin]
Harlequin · F
[@467717,Gangstress] Sex assault is a serious crime that's not always easy to admit to or get out of.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
did you read the article? no? [@1133086,Harlequin]
Rooster · M
Glad my boys are grown up! My youngest pantsed a girl in High school and almost got arrested until the girl came forward and told them that she had pantsed him earlier, so they let it go.
Couldn't even imagine what goes on there now!
Gangstress · 36-40, F
bloody hell - yeh I remember that being a thing [@527571,Rooster]
Unfortunately, I have felt so since I came on SW. I am shocked how many women confess that they experienced some sexually motivated attack in their life. Either that's the reason why they came here or it really does seem like a common thing in Western world.
[@467717,Gangstress] Swines. One thing is catcalling another physical threats.

I don't know...maybe I was lucky or it's the result of my hermit lifestyle but here in Slovakia I never came across a really threatening male and friends I have never said anything like that either. Or maybe my threshold is higher and I can't identify danger so well. But one thing that got stuck in my head was the talk with two Dutch guys. We had breakfast together and they were casually talking about rape as if it was equivalent for having sex. I stood up and moved to another table and they were staring at me like "what happened?" They didn't even understand what the deal was and then I thought to myself how degenerated their environment must have been if this was normal to them. These weren't thugs, these were two normal educated people from apparently normal families. That's what struck me the most because I have never encountered anyone with higher education with such desensitized and ignorant behaviour.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@472983,CrazyMusicLover] I am, hand on heart, grateful you haven't come across the threatening behaviour.

That's really interesting about the Dutch guys, I wonder why the were talking about it so casually and in front of a present female?!
It has been normalised completely I don't even know what made this happen or even when this got so bad if honest, and that's what worries me.

Its really got to me that this is going on in schools. Where the hell are they learning this from?! Why do they know dick pictures are a thing.
Kids aren't even kids anymore, they have been brought up with all the technology around them, giving phones as early as ten, giving laptops as early as 10.
Have we made them grow up too soon? And we have given them the tools for this to happen? I have many questions and I know this isn't an easy fix
[@467717,Gangstress] Hm, I think the problem is not sexuality or that kids are aware of sexual themes, the real problem I see is in losing a moral compass of what is appropriate in social settings and inability to see the situation from the perspective of another person. They communicate and see others communicating through texts and don't see the real impact of their words in immediate response of another person. This type of communication has to be desensitizing because we don't see how hurt the person is on the receiving end. And the hurt ones often try to conceal it out of pride or out of fear to not be called "a pussy" or maybe even allow such behaviour because they don't feel immediate danger. I mean, the offender is not in the room with them so they can "play" with them. They might apply the same behaviour on someone in real life and be surprised why they get a completely different reaction. The aspect of public shame is disappearing too. There is no crowd that would go silent and stared at them in shock. I guess people are losing intuition about how far they can go with another person, what is a normal contact and what is crossing the line. These are just my guesses. Maybe truth is even worse than that.

When I was in high school, I had some friends who said disturbing things but the point is..they were friends, I had enough experience to know they didn't pose a threat before they dared to say such things. They understood that certain time had to pass and we had to get to know each other before we could joke about stuff that otherwise might be offensive. I guess the internet might be a treacherous place in this regard because people lose this offset. We joke around with strangers without having any idea if the joke is received well.

sorry for a long comment :D
This message was deleted by the author of the main post.
TooStuffedToMove · 36-40
Examples need to be made. It should never be a part of life
Gangstress · 36-40, F
i don't even know how they would monitor this? I'm racking my brain and thinking theres not enough support out there. [@905231,TooStuffedToMove]
QuietEd2019 · 26-30, M
90% is horrifying 💔💔💔
QuietEd2019 · 26-30, M
[@467717,Gangstress] exactly somewhere it is hoped a young woman and girls could be in a safe environment
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@873485,QuietEd2019] the world has saddened me today
QuietEd2019 · 26-30, M
[@467717,Gangstress] yeah me too would have been bad enough 1/10 or even 1/100 considering there are millions 1/100,000 or 1/1000,000 would be wayyy too many 💔💔
meJess · F
Boys learn from men, hope the men can teach better
HatterM · 46-50, M
This shocked and saddened me deeply. Society has gone to 💩
Gangstress · 36-40, F
it has - its shocked me too mate [@1044765,HatterM]
TheConstantGardener · 56-60, M
90% is pretty shocking. The online exploitation of young people has been known about for almost as long as the internet has been a thing. CEOP was founded in 2006 to address this very thing but funding was cut to it when Austerity became the official policy of the Conservative government.

Unless awareness is raised and prosecutions are made it won't change, unfortunately.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@335077,TheConstantGardener]
Absolutely right

Life