Life

I shouldn't have told my Physical Therapist that I am off work for a few months. He always makes jokes at my expense

Him: So what did you do yesterday?
Me: I rode bikes along the river for about an hour.
Him: oh that's nice. What else do you do?
Me: I read books
Him: that's nice. So what are you going to do with all your time off, just ride your bike and read books?

Me: yes, that and whatever else [b]I[/b] want to do.

Him: (laughs) oh my gosh, if that was me, I would go crazy and drink everyday, do you drink?

....

Him: so what did you say you'd be doing for work in August?
Me: a literacy program for children.

Him: so you went from working with the mentally ill homeless, to children?
That's like the same thing right?

LOL
And I have to see this clown again on Friday
Hasmita · M
He sounds very bad news
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@106695,Hasmita] nah, he's fine. just need him to fix my injury
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
OK so I am not entirely sure what a physical therapist is.. but while I don't think he is 'joking' as such, I do think some of his comments are inappropriate.. The comment about drinking seems a bit creepy to be honest!! The comment about homeless and children's literacy seems just ignorant.. he doesn't sound very bright!

But I don't get the impression he is joking
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@7167,Adaydreambeliever] PT is a person who helps people get well once they have been injured physically. He was totally joking, he's been joking the whole time but even more so now.
It's fine, I just felt like I was part of a "roast session" for a minute
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
[@467302,iamnikki] Well you know him better than I do.. but he sounds a bit unintelligent in some of the things he says.. if they are jokes they really aren't funny or jokes as such.. more just him goofing about?
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@7167,Adaydreambeliever] yea, I guess you can say that, goofing around
keeper · 41-45, M
He's a bright one...
jackj · 56-60, M
You don’t have to see that clown. Replaceable.
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@1158,jackj] nah, he's good
Find someone else. I wouldn’t have the patience to tolerate him one more time with that attitude. He could be a little bit positive.
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] I think I should have put emojis or someting with the post. He's not mean at all. He is always laughing actually. He was just really on my case, like "what are you doing with your life" is what I felt like he was asking. I purposely took 2 months to be off. Like I told him, a job is gonna work you everyday, unless you say you want to be off.
[@467302,iamnikki] He’s not your life coach. But anyway he shouldn’t be negative, talking about drinking if that’s all he did. Come on.

Life