Life

Anyone know why some PMs get put in requests?

Just found out I had 3 people msg me but instead of appearing in my inbox and getting notified, they were just hidden in "requests". Anyone know why or how I can stop it?
Rooster · M
I get some of those too and one I hadn't seen for a month. I'll be watching this question as I would like an answer also.
bearinthehalfwayhouse · 22-25, M
It's your filters probably. ┬┴┬┴┤•ᴥ•ʔ/
[@1045785,bearinthemediumREDmansion] Doesn't seem to be a filter issue
bearinthehalfwayhouse · 22-25, M
[@448067,Qwerty14] Yo y'know what, now that I think about it it happened to me too a few times despite all my filters being unchecked... Idk what sw doing tbh but eh.. Just gotta check the request folder every now and then I suppose. 🤷‍♂️ Apologies if I was of no help. ┬┴┬┴┤•ᴥ•ʔ/
[@1045785,bearinthemediumREDmansion] Na dw about it. Knowing it isn't just me is a help
summersong · F
Check your settings. For mine, anyone I’m not “friends” with get filtered into there and I just check them every day or so to make sure there’s nothing from someone I know.
[@334441,summersong] Only ones I've filtered is people under 18yo. All 3 of them though were older
summersong · F
[@448067,Qwerty14] hmmm that is weird. Maybe just a glitch then 🤔
[@334441,summersong] Yeah seems like it lol thanks for your help though
adorbz · 22-25, F
I have no filters but I get some too, not sure how to stop it either tbh but mostly the messages in there are just 'hi' or something 👀
[@1027452,adorbz] All 3 of mine were wordy msgs. Guess I'll just check more often
Kindheartedguy · 46-50, M
Is it possible that people with "warnings" automatically get put in the requests bucket?
[@337992,Kindheartedguy] Ooo maybe that's it
Frequencys · M
I’ve gotten some in there even from circle friends
One of many random SW quirks
[@1148565,Frequencys] So weird
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
I think it's people you don't normally interact with.
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
[@448067,Qwerty14] maybe also cuts down on those trolling PM's too.

I don't get enough messages to really verify this though. Just an assumption
[@502796,Sibo191] Yeah but dont they already limit people to send two msgs without a reply. So it isn't like a troll can be that annoying to someone on here lol
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
[@448067,Qwerty14] I think they do, and you're correct... So 🤷‍♂️
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
I think it's random, idk the exact reason though.
Lanyx · 41-45, M
Those "requests" are from people not in your circle, friends or followers. I think it is designed that way as to reduce spam aggrivation.
[@605633,Lanyx] One of them was in my friends though... Think SW is just glitchy

Life