Life

Is Heaven really a place where nothing ever happens?
1
|
Heaven is full of activity.
Serenitree · F
I haven't been. If I get there, I'll let you know that it exists. If you don't hear from me, just assume either I never made it that far, or it doesn't exist. I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Oct. 28/16
11:07 pm
KaliKali · 31-35, F
@Serenitree: Leap seconds aren't the seconds on the extra day in a leap year, but it is something similar. We add the extra day in a leap year so that our calendar year matches up with our orbital period better. An orbital period is about 365.25 days so every four years we need to add an extra day. Leap seconds are added every once in a while because the rotation of the Earth isn't precisely 24 hours as measured by our clocks.

So like with with leap years, if we ignored them then eventually January would fall in the Northern Hemisphere's summer. With leap seconds, if we didn't add them then eventually it would be light out at midnight.

Unix Time wants the length of every day to be the same, so when a leap second happens then it repeats that one second. So if the leap second falls on 100 (not a realistic time, but works for the illustration) then Unix Time calls still calls it 100, but it also calls the next second 100. Otherwise the day that contained the leap second would have an extra second in it.
Serenitree · F
@KaliKali: Thanks. You're so good to take the time to explain that. And to explain it in such a way that I actually get it. Now Jake doesn't get to make fun of his Nana. Yay! 🤗 hugs.
KaliKali · 31-35, F
:D
WithoutHope84 · 31-35, M
Do you believe that good works earn people a "heaven", upon death?
WithoutHope84 · 31-35, M
@KaliKali: do you believe that evil deeds and works earn those people a "hell", upon death?
KaliKali · 31-35, F
No. What the frak kind of weird ass questions are these?
WithoutHope84 · 31-35, M
Just something to think about i guess....quite frankly I don't believe what anyone tells me. Especially since no one knows anything about something, unless they experienced it.
I know..sounds kinda lame
AlphaCuck · 46-50, M
Haven't you seen South Park?
According to Talking Heads. 😏

Life

Is Heaven really a place where nothing ever happen... | Life | Similar Worlds