Life
xixgun · M
Sadly, yet another reason I can never see England again
[@777164,xixgun] What are your other reasons?
xixgun · M
[@40142,Carissimi] You pretty much nailed them. I am as acerbic in real life as I am on line so...
I was last in England 10-years ago. I came across some authoritarian types, and thought it was the individuals themselves. What I didn’t realize, back then, was the culture had already changed to a PC state. It’s much worse now. Apparently, if someone takes issue with how you look at them, it can be reported as a “hate incident.” I can’t be in a place where I have to walk on eggshells, never knowing if I’m causing a “micro aggression.” The term itself is offensive in my opinion. Britain was a wonderful country. Now, it’s like the old Soviet Union. [@777164,xixgun]

raysam363 · 26-30, F
Oi! You got a license for that thought?
Don’t tell me it’s gone that far, but it would not surprise me. I hope Harry Miller wins his case. It will affect everyone. [@960394,raysam363]
curiosi · 56-60, F
Recently there was a question on here something about political correctness. Many responded that it was effing more important than your precious "Free speech". What they fail to realize is that it starts off with this and ends up being like North Korea.
When the police can charge you with a crime (that’s not a crime...insanity), and they don’t need evidence or give you a definition of the hate crime that’s not a crime...more insanity...and it may affect your future employment and earnings that country is N. Korea. It’s not even a law, but a policy that is enforced like a law, but you can’t appeal, or get evidence. When Harry Miller took them to court, and his lawyer asked them to define a hate incident, they said they don’t need a definition. It’s what they say it is. Definitely 1984. [@423488,curiosi]
xixgun · M
Red ball
xixgun · M
[@40142,Carissimi] Minority Report reference - which is exactly what you have described
Right. Now, I get what you mean. It certainly is a thought crime from their perspective. [@777164,xixgun]
xixgun · M
[@40142,Carissimi] The only problem is, the more you silence one's tongue, the louder their spirits shout. And eventually they will demand to be heard.

Life