Work

Have you ever found yourself bullied at work and what did you do?
I am getting increasingly depressed. I work in a small Customer Services team and the girl who sits next to me has been subtly hostile from day 1 - excludes me from conversations, makes remarks that I eat too much, tries to belittle me. The one time I did stand up for myself I ended up having to apologise for "snapping at her", so I just try to ignore her as best I can.
Unfortunately she is responsible for dishing out the work, and she gives me less and less, and keeps all the best work for her and her work buddy. I have asked my manager about this, but she is like the golden girl as far as he's concerned (she is also tall, blond and very attractive). She can do no wrong!
I am becoming increasing demoralised... I dread going to work and I can't afford to walk out without a job to go to.
5
|
i have worked with people like that. it is very frustrating.
freenfun · 22-25, M
u should start to wear attractive dresses
lillyd · F
I actually think this is a great idea!
Aprism · F
Yes, I smiled. 🙂
When that happens, I just find a new job and stop recommending that workplace to anyone in my industry. If I cannot do that, I simply do my job to the best of my ability and, if necessary, settle it outside work.
Simplegirlstory · 26-30, F
Once I was bullied so much at work that I attempt to suicide. I ate 30 paracetamol then ended up in ICU. That was my mistake to get effected by those asshole bullies.
Simplegirlstory · 26-30, F
Our boss did found out then he suggest us all to cooperate with eachother and dont keep any negative feelings for eachother, I hate those bitches still now but I dont want to create any drama in my life so I only concentrate in my own work thatn than those bullies.
Moonstar14 · 51-55, F
@Simplegirlstory: seems like some of these so called bosses are scared of the bullies.
lillyd · F
That's so awful SGS
TheStomachSadist · 22-25, M
That's what hR is for. Go to your manager first and explain. It's against most company's code of conduct policies to harass people in anyway or make them uncomfortable in the work place. Check your employers code of conduct. You're there to do a job and get paid not be treated with any hostility whatsoever!
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
@TheStomachComforter:

careful on the advice ... the solution proposed is a "conflict escalation" strategy.

Moonstar is looking for a "social harmony" improvement.

HR would eliminate all potential for these people to work together.
TheStomachSadist · 22-25, M
@questionWeaver: She's a big girl. I'm sure she can take or leave my suggestion on her own.
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
@TheStomachComforter: Good point ... good answer ... Thank you for the respect
WhatShallIcallyou · 46-50, M
Try taking notes of her behaviour then take that to the manager. You can always suggest that he might like to take action before HR do (take notes of your complaints to him too).

IF you don't want to do something like that. Then look for another job. The bullying will get on top of you if you let them persist.
MartinTheFirst · 18-21, M
Dude just tell her off. What's the worth of living if you live in misery? Make it happen.
Picklebobble · 51-55, M
Go see H.R. See if you can get a transfer somewhere else.
That's the path of least resistance.
Or, if you've already tried the chain of command thing. Go see an employment lawyer.
Tell them what's going on and supply as much detail as you can.
You have a right to feel protected from behaviour detrimental to your work.
However. Be advised. If you have to go this route you may find that any advancement within your current company is unlikely as a result.
But make a noise !
Probably the best response would be to put this person in their place !
Make it loud enough for folk to hear and I bet she'll keep quiet after that !
Even if they don't, if you keep showing them up in public at least it shows the in effectiveness of the management to everybody.

Work

Have you ever found yourself bullied at work and w... | Work | Similar Worlds