I Love Steam Trains

I remember one time when I was little.
I was up in Strazburg, PA for the Day Out With Thomas thing, and when the driver met me, he invited me to ride in the cab.
Since then, I loved learning about steam engines... and I yearn to drive my own.
If I could find one...

Ah, well.
I can still enjoy their heavenly sound, listening to sounds of them at night... especially ones traveling through thunderstorms.
The sound of their chuffing and puffing combined with the rumble of the thunder in the distance...

thank Stephenson for his invention... and thank the "Rocket" for paving the way for the many designs it helped to inspire.
2
|
Rhodesianman · 51-55, M
I lived in Rhodesia in my younger years steam was still used and often road a steam train to and from boarding school as a teen .Also travelled to the cape in south Africa via the garden route nothing better happy memories
FlyingScotsman4471 · 18-21, M
God... you're lucky.
I honestly don't belong in this generation........ I hate this time period....
Zenni · F
[@672754,FlyingScotsman4471] I would love to have lived in the 1800s
minarth008 · 56-60, M
There is a private railroad in Nevada, I think it is called the Northern Nevada Railway, anyway, for a fee of course, they will let you work on their railroad for a day. They will teach you to be an engineer in their steam locomotive. If you are really into it, maybe that is something you could check out. I like them too, UP 844 is my fav, and I try to see it whenever UP brings it out. I know they are rebuilding 4014 which is a Big Boy, and think they are supposed to have it operational next year.
nacnud · 31-35, M
My first driving lesson was in a steam engine and not a car.

I Love Steam Trains

I remember one time when I was little. I was up in... | I Love Steam Trains | Similar Worlds