Should Trump enact legislation to cap funeral costs?
0
|
Are funerals a requirement? Don't think so although some cultures and families want to have a "proper" funeral. Some people hold memorials or funerals in a church for free, bury their loved one themselves, have natural burials or cremations, have their own family cemeteries, etc. Doesn't have to cost a fortune and it's only started costing so much in modern times the same as weddings, at one time a funeral was held in a home and people were buried in hand-made wood coffins.
hunkalove · 61-69, M
When my father died, almost two years ago, my sister spent $10,000 on his funeral. He was not quite 96, the only person there even close to his age was his sister. Think of all the children who could have been helped with that money. When I go, I will be cremated, no funeral, and my ashes scattered. Even that will cost at least $1,000. Death is a scam in America.
@hunkalove: Sure is. I like the idea of natural burial in family cemeteries if they have one. Probably more meaningful and thoughtful as a high-dollar funeral.
Greenbare · 70-79, M
NOPE. Legislation should REMOVE barriers to small business providing funeral services. But rich dudes should be allowed to buy what their family wants to pay for.
MarineBob · 51-55, M
shop around and do a pre planned
Goralski · 51-55, M
He'll make it so you can bury em in yo back yard free of charge
hunkalove · 61-69, M
Trump isn't going to cap anyone's greed. That's what he is all about.
Greenbare · 70-79, M
Trump would say the same thing he said about Obama's same sex bathrooms. It is a state issue, NOT the purview of a President. Trump understands Amendment 10.
NodandaWink · 46-50, M
No, it is free enterprise if people want to pay ridiculous amounts of money to see their dead into the ground that is their prerogative. However I woudn't try to stop legislation that mandated an inexpensive alternative be offered. Generally cremation provides that but there may be some whose religious beliefs preclude this option for them I do think there should be something.

Should Trump enact legislation to cap funeral cost... | Community | Similar Worlds