What would you do?

I came online this morning to a couple of DMs from a man I used to know through ep. I used to be on ep when I was 13/14 years old! It was a time when I didn’t really have a handle on my emotions and this person acted like he cared. He gave me a lot of support, we talked a lot and eventually moved over to using Skype. That is where he groomed and abused me - not that I realised that’s what it was at the time. His messages say that he has always looked for me returning to the site, he’s missed me and is a different person now. Part of me thinks I should just block and move on, but there is part of me that wants to know why he did that to me.

Any helpful suggestions?

(I’m not going to name and shame, it’s not for me to do that. He’s probably going to read this so I may get some answers without needing to ask)
updown2020 · 56-60, M
Well how did he abuse you if you never met in real life you only talked throw Skype?
Sophiesmiles · 18-21, F
He got me to do sexual things on Skype, sent me inappropriate videos and images, got me to send photos - I was 13 years old! That is abuse [@117301,updown2020]
updown2020 · 56-60, M
[@1203119,Sophiesmiles] yes that is true and did he know your real age at the time?
Sophiesmiles · 18-21, F
Yes, he was fully aware. He would text me and ask about school etc. I never lied about my age [@117301,updown2020]
AntisocialTroll · 51-55, F
Block him and report him to the authorities but if I was you I wouldn't re-engage with someone who's groomed you in the past.

He's hardly likely to tell you the obvious truth, he did what he did to you because he's a pedophille.
Sophiesmiles · 18-21, F
[@1078962,AntisocialTroll] I will do that, thanks for the advice and not treating me like an idiot
Sophiesmiles · 18-21, F
That’s exactly how it happened - I think I just always thought I was street smart and knew what I was doing, but I didn’t at all [@1078962,AntisocialTroll]
Gangstress · 36-40, F
please report him to the authorities
my worry is that this will happen to someone else, there is already a 14 year old on this site with an adult profile- so she has bypassed all the security measures in place. thus susceptible to adult content.
thank you for speaking out about this.
MartinTheFirst · 22-25, M
I mean if he still wants a connection with you now then perhaps it means he just likes you?
MartinTheFirst · 22-25, M
[@1203119,Sophiesmiles] I see
Sophiesmiles · 18-21, F
I get the impression that you don’t think he did anything wrong [@336516,MartinTheFirst]
MartinTheFirst · 22-25, M
[@1203119,Sophiesmiles] He did do plenty wrong, but I just want to know if you had a good personal reason to feel like he took advantage of you and should feel bad about those memories or if it's just a learned behaviour.
Royrogers · 61-69, M
As you are in the UK he has committed a criminal act. You must report him for yours and others safety.
Sophiesmiles · 18-21, F
It’s true but proving anything without evidence is almost impossible [@471995,Royrogers]
Royrogers · 61-69, M
[@1203119,Sophiesmiles] the police will be able to do that.
Saraah · 26-30, F
I think you should share his user, so that other girls are aware. At least report it.. And block him ofc.