Is there any good reason that America is spending trillions on nuclear weapons, now?

How should others react? Can anyone dare to?
spjennifer · 56-60, T Best Comment
Gotta keep the war machine grinding away and make those Defense Contractors richer!

Zavodila · M
It won’t do them any good.
Dlrannie · 26-30, F
None that I can think of
TexChik · F
Weapons systems get old and outdated and have to be replaced
TexChik · F
[@1201621,MotherHubbard] yep tHe lessons of WWII can NEVER be forgotten. Deterrence is how you play the game
MotherHubbard · 56-60, F
[@113373,TexChik] good to know. Many people would be motivated to fight such systems! Once you get a weapon, you have never put it down. Good to spread the word.
TexChik · F
[@1201621,MotherHubbard] really ? I have many weapons and none are in my hand at the moment .
Yulianna · 22-25, F
🇺🇦🌎🇺🇸 many in the world are thankful that USA maintains a credible deterrent force, nuclear and conventional, to counterbalance the empire building ambitions of russia and China.
I'm not sure it's necessarily still a "good reason" but your 2nd and 3rd questions lay out the traditional justification.

I'm not that clear on where we are with new nuclear weapons these days, but I suspect we should be spending more on cyber than we probably are.

Increasingly, it seems like corps are becoming more important than governments and money more important than guns/bombs.
erosa · 22-25, F
Coronavirus is the new weapon of choice, biological.
HoraceGreenley · 56-60, M
That's the point
spjennifer · 56-60, T
[@1201621,MotherHubbard] Thanks for BC 😊