How come in older tv shows, it's such a big chore to go answer the door? No one wants to answer it and wants someone else to

Shit, if someone knocked on my door, I'd want to see who it was immediately because that rarely happens lol
Times have changed, thanks to the pandemic. 馃槄
Virgo7956-60, M
Exactly!
MotherHubbard56-60, F
That's classic comedy-. The gathering around the knock sets up other jokes- It's from Vaudeville, and it's cheap to do.
dale74M
Because we did not have over load of social media
MaryJanine61-69, F
In the old days, people were lazy about answering the door. When I lived at home, I answered any knocks. I live in a studio now with one door and my brother hollers at me if I don't ask who is it first. Old habits die hard and fast
I鈥檓 the opposite鈥鈥檓 like 鈥淣obody move!!! And be quiet鈥aybe he鈥檒l just leave.鈥濔煒傪煒傪煒 That鈥檚 what happens when the majority of the visitors either want your money or wanna sell you something馃槀馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔 Although there haven鈥檛 been as many in the last 12 months.