Are people planning to keep working without socialized medicine, without sick days or unions and just upgrade to electric cars?

Do most Americans picture the future as pretty much like now, but with electric powered cars and trucks?
badminton · 61-69, MVIP
I hope that is not our future. I want to see a lot more domestic improvements, such as Medicare for All, a big investment in education and schools, free job training programs, a big investment in high-speed trains and public transit, a cut in military spending.
Max13 · 26-30, M
They seek соmfort first , l guess , physical comfort , and then emotional comfort .
There is a tendency, especially in Americans, to imagine as though we are somehow at the end of history. Its more of an unconscious conception than a conscious one, but generally we imagine it as though its just the continual evolution and re-creation of technology from this point on. No change in understanding, no change in system, no change in mannerism, because as far as the modern American is concerned, this is the end of history, we have reached the final outcome. Its no wonder the modern world feels like a place of stagnation.
[@332402,swirlie] I feel as though you're mistaking my pointing out of the hegemony that America has held over the world through the last century or so through proxy-war, corporate imperialism, and cultural subjugation as me saying that I think this should be the case.
swirlie · 31-35, F
[@913560,soberSimplicity]
🍹...here! Have one on me, then go sit by the pool and have a wee nap!
[@332402,swirlie] Okay now you're just not even trying to have a discussion, you would rather just sit in your narrow-minded landscape I suppose.
swirlie · 31-35, F
[c=008099]
What choice do Americans have, other than to keep showing up for work in their electric car?[/c]