Two guys wearing Hazmat suits have just spent an hour in my kitchen

Both emerging with 'sample bags' of stuff they're saying looks like 'carcinogenic material' (Asbestos)

And all we have to do is wait five days (cause nobody works weekends) until we get a positive or negative result !

I'm starting to loath this insurance company.
it's good that you don't need to pay for repairs
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
[@1019539,mysteryespresso] Oh now there's a story !

Twenty year policy holder. Never made a single claim. Yet the 'issue' that raises every time one of the insurance company minions telephones to 'update' us on what they're doing, is the idea that "You are aware you'll be liable for the excess for any claim made against your policy once the agreed work goes ahead ?...
[@448576,Picklebobble2] need to read terms and conditions better or pay someone who can do a better job? I suggest takling to a lawyer
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
Insurance company's are evil, yet asbestos is in a class by itself. Be careful. I use to wear that white suit once! 😖
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
[@412417,DeWayfarer] One wonders how much 'extra danger' we may be in having to wait five days for a result.
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
[@448576,Picklebobble2] don't know your state. Even in California depends on where you are. The more remote the longer.
Talisman · 51-55, M
Where was the asbestos? Boiler housing, ceiling? Usually ok if untouched insitu but removal, when disturbed, produces airborne fibres that are a hazard
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
[@14265,Talisman] In the flooring !!!

Three ‘experts’ with varying letters after their job titles have been to examine the ‘site’.
All have said “it’s safe to remain because of the type of Asbestos it is”.

Convinced ? Not sure I am !
Talisman · 51-55, M
[@448576,Picklebobble2] oh yes, they will be fine, so long as you're not sanding, sawing, drilling, breaking em up.
checkoutanytime · 41-45, M
Asbestos the scientific gift of the mid 1900's, thats why I prefer nature personally. I hope everything works out in your favor, Sir.