The reason people resort to drugs , sex and alcohol to deal with life is because they have no one to be there for them
It's the same people that wonder when did things go wrong . It's because you weren't there when they needed you .
Malchya · M
I'm not absolutely certain I agree with you. Generally, yes; but there are exceptions. I have personal experience with an alcoholic. I WAS there for her. But she had lost faith in herself. She had a loving, concerned and nurturing support group, but that didn't stop her slide into total self pity and eventual suicide.
juiceyangel333 · 26-30, F
What caused her depression
Malchya · M
A combination of age and boredom I think. It started around her 40th birthday. She started drinking with a friend and it was poison for her. Drinking and fucking became her entire focus.
littlewonder1990 · 26-30, M
Sex is not like drugs or alcohol
thinkincubes · 36-40, M
One person is rarely enough to save another. People need people, not person. I do agree that all of those coping mechanisms exist because of the void, one that's very difficult to fill, so we try to distract ourselves from it.

The reason people resort to drugs , sex and alcoho... | Community | Similar Worlds