What is actually "having my own views"?
I usually don't get what people mean by saying it, because what they call their own views are just some opinions they buy into. For instance, people who believe in the illuminati think they're thinking for themselves and rejecting the ...
starrybunny · 26-30, F
I guess they mean that they choose to agree with something. Not like they themselves created the thing that they are in agreement with.
MsAnnThropy · 36-40, F
You answered your own question.
I am asking for opinions, must be confusing cause I might not perceive the English language the same way a native speaker does
I think that's exactly what having views mean. Not all views are well-informed.
Gh0s1 · 26-30, M
I think the illuminati is a red herring, the conspiracy itself is a conspiracy to keep the conspiracy theorists distracted in a mass conspiracy..cracked it.
:) (:
Peaceful · F
Researching everything and forming your own opinion based on what resonates with you. Most people stay in their own ideological lane because it "feels" safer. By the way, you know who created the term conspiracy theory? The CIA. Makes you want to question them more or one can only hope. Bottom line? Question everything and research it on your own.
Thank you
That's valid. If they can not elaborate further then the talking points of said trending ideology.

When I say I have my own views, it simply means I've seen heard and practices a few things I have views on
ones views are always ones own no matter how they come to them.. they are always evolving and changing. No one has static views although the more you try to change someones views the more they will hold on to them. I actually cant stand it when someone tries to assume why another person believes something or how they came to believe it. Most people have some kind of confirmation bias even if they don't realise it and there are very few real truths in the world. Unless we grew up in a bubble and only know what we imagine then all of our information comes from processing external sources.
It's not blindly believing in what people tell you to, and deciding if something is worth believing in, or agreeing with, based on your own thoughts, and what you know about it.
Coming to your own conclusions about things, basically.
My answer obviously isn't perfect, but I think I got the jist of it across. xp
It's good enough for me :) thank you
oneofnine · 61-69, M
That is an interesting thought. I agree. Being wholly original is not possible for everyone. Still, it is possible to think with integrity one's way into a position held by others.

Updated: 1 min ago

What is actually "having my own views"? | Community | Similar Worlds