what do you think about fasting ?
0
|
hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
What is the purpose behind it?
exita · 26-30, F
[@10033,hippyjoe1955] I respect your view ..and all others views
hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
[@930795,exita] Sounds like you are so open minded your brain just fell out.
exita · 26-30, F
[@10033,hippyjoe1955] fell out how?

Aboomachu · 31-35, M Best Answer
I did a 17 hour fast yesterday. It was miserable the first 8 hrs then when I woke up in the morning it wasn’t so bad. I could’ve gone longer.
exita · 26-30, F
[@347985,Aboomachu] you are welcome ☺ .. are you muslim ? Or you just tried it
Aboomachu · 31-35, M
I’m trying to lose weight. I’m a big eater, but have to lose weight. I would never become a muslim.
exita · 26-30, F
[@347985,Aboomachu] i see ..thats why you were fasting .good luck
Entwistle · 51-55, M
I do it every night whilst sleeping.
Each to their own.
[@589276,Entwistle] I drink only water at night
Entwistle · 51-55, M
[@489988,D0notfollowme] For religious reasons? Just to keep hydrated?
i think it is a good diet for some. some need to keep their mouths closed!
exita · 26-30, F
[@342541,Playbaby] its also healthy big time !!
healthy for all of your body ..maybe you could find ut hard ..but if you try it,you could know then if its good or bad ☺
nahright09 · 36-40, M
if we've been lucky enough to be surrounded by food and are able to enjoy - why bother fasting.
exita · 26-30, F
[@355869,nahright09] good point !!the reason is to appreciate what you have and to feel what others feel ,people and children who already suffering from poverty and starving outthere ,while we have everything..so we could have mercy in our hearts and always put ourselves in others shoes ,to understand them ,help them and never let anyone down . To feel him by your heart ,before you jusge him :)
and the last to be closer to God ,to appreciate all the blessings he gave us
nahright09 · 36-40, M
So does one need to fast everyday in order to get that feeling or understanding? How much fasting is enough for one not to forget, is there a min/max?

I appreciate and am thankful for my blessings as well as the fire i have inside me to succeed and to help those who are in difficult situations. I don't need to stop eating to understand what they're going through when i speak to them every day and help guide them to a better place.

Physical hunger will do nothing for me but make me crabby and irritable. Keeping company with those who are struggling and supporting them is far more impactful for me. I don't need to be hungry to be merciful or reminded of humanity. I need to be nourished, clear, and able to make good decisions to help raise my brothers and sisters in humanity up.
exita · 26-30, F
[@355869,nahright09] I respect your view ..its good view indeed..but not everyone like you ,if you feel others by your heart..there are million people outthere are cruel and never give a shit to anyone no matter what..only care for themselves ..so everyone is different indeed..and iam saying this about islamic fasting ..i dont know about christian fasting but i do respect all dor sure ☺
NativeOregonian · 46-50
It's not really healthy as food is fuel for our bodies and mind. Would you continuously drive your car on fumes while ignoring the gas gauge?
exita · 26-30, F
[@712671,NativeOregonian] you are so right ..but its not fasting 24 hours ..its only for few hours
NativeOregonian · 46-50
[@930795,exita] Except true fasting takes a minimum of 24 hours to acheive, you are simply thinking between meals.
exita · 26-30, F
[@712671,NativeOregonian] yes really true fasting takes at most 18 hours ..in islamic religion .. but i dont know about other religions
Nimbus · M
If God had intended us to fast he would have put a zip on our mouths.
Nimbus · M
[@760047,MarmeeMarch] Y'know, drink, drugs all the usual stuff :)
nahright09 · 36-40, M
[@1313,Nimbus] our bodies do a pretty remarkable job of "ridding toxins"
[@1313,Nimbus] What does not go in wont come out.
Effloresce · 22-25, F
I do it unintentionally sometimes when I’m too busy to eat
xixgun · M
Fasting is only done by rich people. Poor people starve.
exita · 26-30, F
[@777164,xixgun] its for people who can do it . Not for rich or poor . Poor people also can do it if they have the power abd ability to do it
xixgun · M
[@930795,exita] Poor people may fast, but it isn't necessarily out of choice. I've been poor, I know what I'm talking about.
SweetMae · 61-69, F
I believe it should always be voluntary.

what do you think about fasting ? | Community | Similar Worlds