Why do some people apologize for getting emotional?
My late mom always told us to never apologize for showing our feeling and emotions otherwise we're apologizing for being real and honest. My mom NEVER apologized for showing feeling. When she talked about families especially younger kids suffering from illnesses or not having homes and all that, she broke down CRYING. My brothers, dad and I comforted her. My brothers said, "It's okay mom. Let it out." I said, "It's okay to cry." Like she told us. My mom was NEVER afraid to cry and express her feelings and I've always admired her for that. She was unapologetic about showing her feelings. One of our neighbors told us she is just doing that for attention and was angry at her for not apologizing for crying. Why should she? My mom had the right to show her feelings. Our neighbor always picked out mom saying she is so lucky to have a loving handsome husband and sweetheart for kids! I miss her so much. What do you guys think?
4
|
Edited: 2 mths ago
wildbill83 · 31-35, M
Rule #6: Never apologize — Its a sign of weakness. 😉
SassySpiceSexy · 22-25, F
[@597698,wildbill83] My mom was AMAZING. She was never afraid to cry or get emotional. Moms are amazing. Seriously how?!
LilTiffy4ever · 41-45, F
I think your mom sounds like an amazing person and I'm glad she had the courage to be real and open about processing emotions. It sounds like she taught you and your brothers valuable lessons in life. (HUGS) I wish you all the best in your life and that your mother's memory will be there to comfort and guide you, and that your pain will subside some with time. Thank you for sharing with us, I feel like it is a valuable contribution to this community, seriously, thank you.
SassySpiceSexy · 22-25, F
[@583305,LilTiffy4ever] She did and I just expressed my feelings too just like my mom. Damn my mom was AMAZING! She blew us away. How are moms amazing? Seriously?! I wish I had that courage like she did. I admire her for never apologizing for being open and real. Some people didn't like that but she didn't give a rats ass. Go mom! And thank you ma'am 😊

Updated: 1 min ago

Why do some people apologize for getting emotional... | Community | Similar Worlds