Disney artists study a deer for Bambi - 1942
[quote][center][image=https://i.redd.it/5pvwwfrdelf21.jpg][/center][i][c=#BF0080]When production on Bambi began in the late 1930s, two young fawns were also brought to the studio for the animators to study. According to an interview with Disney animator Volus Jones published in Walt’s People, volume 3, “Right outside my window they had a little deer run for Bambi. The artists would come over and look out the window so the little deer couldn’t see them. And they would watch its antics.”

Before the artists started to work on the full-length production of “Bambi” they went through a rigid course of training, as shown June 14, 1942. World famous master of animal art, Rico LeBrun was brought in to the studio to teach the Disney staff the intricate points of deer anatomy. He is shown in the classroom, with a live deer, at lower center standing over one of the artists.[/c][/i][/quote]
9
|
Edited: 1 mth ago
Dwari · 26-30, M
And to imagine that the same studio thought that The Lion King would be a massive flop 😂
ronisme1 · 61-69, M
I find this interesting since I grew up 10 minutes from disneyland
plungesponge · 36-40, M
Looks like the weirdest Eyes Wide Shut party ever
iamkaira · 22-25, F
[@20312,plungesponge] 😅
plungesponge · 36-40, M
I like to think one of them was getting boners from this every day and the others just didn't talk about it
iamkaira · 22-25, F
[@20312,plungesponge] omg 🤭
Wolf90 · 31-35, M
Wonder what the deer thought was going on?! Probably thought they were all weird lol!
iamkaira · 22-25, F
[@806190,Wolf90] 😅

Disney artists study a deer for Bambi - 1942 | Community | Similar Worlds