Spirituality & Religion

What books do Atheists like?

Obviously I know they like the Origin Of Species and Atlas Shrugged but if you're looking through a strangers bookcase, are there any other red flags to be aware of?
MissFugger · F
Karl Marx, Nietzsche
I feel like I read regular fiction novels. Dunno what to tell you.
I have read niether of the books you mentioned or heard of them.
Why are you worried about atheists?
IndigoSavage · 18-21, F
[@405723,AmbivalentFriability] I'm not much worried, Im just a bit wary of that kind of nihilism and self destructiveness
[@858854,IndigoSavage] You're mistaken in thinking it's inherently and only atheists who think that way.

How you worded your question it sounds like you are looking for ways to spot an atheist like they are to be avoided, like we're not good people to be around.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
I'd say green flags rather than red flags, but The God Delusion and God Is Not Great are great resources if you want to broaden your horizon.
hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
Kind of depends on the atheist but Hegel, Marx, Nietzsche are also common. Off shoots like critical race theory etc.
Ayn Rand is stupid, though ironically it's right-wingers who embrace her these days. But I'd rather see [i]Origin of Species[/i] on someone's shelf than tripe like "Heaven is for Real" or some preacher's polemic.
badminton · 61-69, MVIP
I'm am an atheist and I read all kinds of books, including the Bible. Of the Gospels Matthew is my favorite. I like some of the Psalms too. I don't believe in the supernatural aspects but I admire the Bible as literature and moral philosophy. I also like Hellboy comics.
OggggO · 31-35, M
[@601940,badminton] Hellboy is awesome.
firefall · 61-69, M
Any book other than the bible, obviously
Ayn Rand is joke..
I don’t own a copy of Origin of Species at the moment.
I do read a great deal of research studies and science..
Atheists like evidence...
Adstar · 51-55, M
Anything by Richard Dawkins.. Run.. He is probably the hate filled anti-christ in public life i have seen.. If they have His books then you can be pretty sure they are anti-christs..
CULTure · 31-35, F
[@1086573,Adstar] Ooo I love Dawkins.
Pfuzylogic · M
The existential books because the philosophy takes as a premise that God doesn’t exist.
Schopenhauer
Nietzche
Sartre
Camus
The list goes on.
Asificair · M
I have a copy of the bible, your inherently flawed reasoning leads you a-stray, which of course is expected. Oh well 🤷‍♂️.

Spirituality & Religion