Spirituality & Religion

Here is proof that Jesus rose from the grave! A PHD scholar from UCSB
[youtube=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_Db4RwZ_M]
University of California has more Nobel prize winners in science than any university in the world!
3
|
Edited: 1 week ago
Carazaa · F
University of California has more Nobel prize winners in science than any other
University!
Kwek00 · 36-40, M
[@889684,Carazaa] He holds a PHD in philosophy... What does that have to do with the resurrection? As if people with a PHD are beyond being susceptible of stupid ideas. 🤣
HazelMotes · M
[@889684,Carazaa] He has a PhD. in scholarship. That doesn’t mean the Regents of the University of California accept the resurrection of Jesus.
Carazaa · F
[@1026,HazelMotes] Right!
Sold me in the first two minutes!
Carazaa · F
[@917702,JBird] yes dear, that proved he was right! Otherwise you see he wouldn’t have gotten his PHD! You [b]have [/b] to prove your case! That is what a PHD is!
callmetom · 61-69, M
For a PhD you have to conduct your research and argue your findings in an academic way. It doesn’t mean you’re infallible or that others have to agree. And BTW he says he did his PhD at Michigan not UC not that it makes any difference. [@889684,Carazaa]
JBird · F
[@889684,Carazaa] nope, there are people who have PhD on extraterrestrial reasearch, on Islamic studies, Vedic astrology, and on homeopathy. Are these topic always true? No. PhD means extensive knowledge on a particular topic which may or may not true.
Entwistle · 51-55, M
A doctorate in the resurrection! Lmao!
Entwistle · 51-55, M
[@889684,Carazaa] Yes of course I have heard of the university of California.
Entwistle · 51-55, M
[@889684,Carazaa] No I didn't watch it.
Entwistle · 51-55, M
[@889684,Carazaa] Is the nutcase who teaches the resurrection happened a nobel prize winner?
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
Amen, sister, amen.
Carazaa · F
[@733370,GodSpeed63] Amen! What a brave person going for a PHD in proof of the resurrection !
Emosaur · 18-21, M
I've said it before on my post, and I'll say it again here: if Jesus ever really existed as he's described in the Christian canon and actually rose from the grave, it would be taught as a historical fact by history professors and not by R.E. teachers and Biblical scholars.
Bushranger · 61-69, M
[@889684,Carazaa] The oldest I could possibly live is about 100 years and I seriously doubt I will make it to that age. I have done my best during my life to live a moral and, mostly, law abiding life. So it would seem that eternal damnation for less than 100 years of a reasonable life is pretty unjust.

But this is just a diversion from the topic at hand.
HazelMotes · M
[@889684,Carazaa] He’s going to have to provide better proof of that if he expects me to buy into it. My first question to him would be why he failed to do that if he actually cares about me, then I would ask why he sent so many obnoxious people to represent him. It’s almost as if he doesn’t want me to believe in him, or he doesn’t exist and you people are just making this stuff up for your own gratification.
Carazaa · F
[@1026,HazelMotes]
People are fickle! We are all fickle! Don’t judge God on his people! We should shine like stars in the sky and we often don’t! Sorry if we dissapoint you!🥺
I know for a fact the very day God saved me and I was changed completely. From then on I have lived for God! I know God is real in the lives of many families and they are changed!
JBird · F
So a random guy from a university tell that Jesus has risen, does it mean it's true? I can get different videos from so called scholars telling that aliens exist too. Hell, I had a professor from my university who made a study that wearing jeans would decrease fertility in women. Lol. It's not unusual to find such crackpots. A degree won't guarantee a person's intelligence or credibility of his studies. Quoting @emosaur, if his study is actually true, it would have been a major breakthrough and people all over would accept it as a fact.
Nate931 · 26-30, M
[@917702,JBird] Agreed. This is nothing but the argument from authority (and not much of an authority at that).
SamtheDog · M
😐️
Kwek00 · 36-40, M
I've not seen this yet... but... 🤦‍♂️

[quote]University of California has more Nobel prize winners in science than any university in the world![/quote]

🤦‍♂️
Kwek00 · 36-40, M
[@889684,Carazaa]
[quote]It's perfectly okay for people to win prices, make great papers and advance physics, chemistry, math, ... what ever. And still believe in myths and legends. These two are not mutually exclusive.[/quote]

But at the end of the day, people that believe in myths are only "hardcore science proffessors" in their field. It has nothing to do with their other believes what so ever. You can be really smart in physics and yet be totally ignorant in other fields.

But people that incorperate origin myths and take the bible literally will have a hard time getting a noble price in the study of mens' origins in the field of biology. Because their myths will eventually hold them back.

Annyone that accepts presupositions without evidence that influence their field of study... is fucked once their believes don't hold up to the actual evidence. Because they are, by defenition, inherently biased towards what they should be researching.
Carazaa · F
[@421865,Kwek00] Exactly right!
Kwek00 · 36-40, M
[@889684,Carazaa] 🤦‍♂️
newjaninev2 · 51-55, F
I notice that Dan Barker, Cristopher Hitchens, Peter Singer, Gerd Lüdemann, and Steven Pinker have all spoken at the Veritas Forum.

Do you happen to have video of those events, and if so, will you share them here?
newjaninev2 · 51-55, F
[@889684,Carazaa] [quote]the overwhelming Biblical evidence[/quote]

Which is never forthcoming
Carazaa · F
[@46009,newjaninev2]
It is overwhelming! Thousands of historical papyrus and artifacts from the period, and No work from that long ago have as much evidence! Holmer nor other writers don’t have as much historical writings as the Bible! And they all match up! The haters of the Jews who wrote about Jesus and hated the all the Christians who followed Jesus wrote much for us to see that it testified that the Bible is true to fact!
Thallus-
He wrote about all the talk about the happened during the king of the Jews death darkness and thunder and earthquake and he explains it away as bad weather!

Cornelius Tacitus-
Wrote how hated the followers of Christ were and their superstitions

Syrian Philosopher Mara-Bar-Serapion
Those Christians carried on their message about their king after the Jews killed him

Phlagon-
Wrote how everything Jesus predicted came true. And people saw him walk around with pierced hands after he rose.

Pliny the younger
Wrote how the Christians refused to falsify anything because they were so honest! And followed a moral code that they had after their king

Josephus- wrote a lot about the Christians how they carried on the message of Jesus after they saw him do all the miracles. And he wrote about the excise of the Jews from israel in 70 AD as Jesus said would happen! And how Jesus predicted the destruction of the temple!
newjaninev2 · 51-55, F
[@889684,Carazaa] and it signifies nothing.

Have you considered the huge number of people who [i]didn’t[/i] write such stuff?
newjaninev2 · 51-55, F
Using the same ‘logic' and type of ‘evidence' employed by Gary Habermas for the historicity of Jesus, we can make a solid case for the historicity of the Wizard of Oz (by assuming the inerrancy of The Wizard of Oz, of course):

Fact 1: Independent Testimony: The oldest account comes from Frank with subsequent expansion and collaborative evidence supplied by Noel, Florence, Edgar, and John. For instance, Frank simply describes the twister hitting the Mid-West, but from the other four we can deduce that it specifically hit Kansas. We can verify that tornadoes hit Kansas and have done so for many centuries. This knowledge of local geography and climate further supports that all five authors were eye witnesses intimately familiar with the course of events.

Fact 2: The Wicked Witch of the East Actually Died: This has been confirmed by five chiropractors, who all agree that a house falling from the sky at great heights could kill her. The fifth chiropractor, unlike the previous four, did not state unequivocally that the Wicked Witch would necessarily die, but is sure that the most likely scenario would result in her death.

Fact 3: The Radical Change in the Munchkin Behaviour: The Munchkins were terrified of the Wicked Witch of the East. However, after the house fell on the Wicked Witch, the Munchkins were happy, singing and proclaiming that she did in fact die. They would not do any of this unless the Wicked Witch of the East had actually died, otherwise she would hurt them. No other scenario can plausibly explain a paradigm shift of this magnitude.

Fact 4: The Ruby Slippers: Dorothy possessed the Ruby Slippers, which would be impossible unless the Wicked Witch of the East was actually dead. Dorothy having the Ruby Slippers has been independently verified by both the Witch of the North and the Wicked Witch of the West. These two are constantly at odds with each other, and thus they would not agree on Dorothy having the Slippers if it wasn't true.

Fact 5: The Yellow Brick Road: If the Yellow Brick Road did not exist, there would be no way for Dorothy to get to the Emerald City from Munchkin Land. Since we know that she did make it to the Emerald City, the Yellow Brick Road must logically exist. Furthermore, the existence of the Yellow Brick Road has been verified through the independent eye witness testimonies of the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Lion who also traveled it.

Bonus: The Munchkin Land Factor: If the Wicked Witch of the East was not dead, the flying monkeys could easily have verified that by coming in to investigate it at any time. Since they didn't and believed she was in fact dead, there is no reason to believe that they would have lied or been mistaken about it.
[@46009,newjaninev2] This is a work of art! Excellent!

Spirituality & Religion

Here is proof that Jesus rose from the grave! A PH... | Spirituality & Religion | Similar Worlds