Spirituality & Religion

Science Really Does Point To God
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t60MBskbNuc] No Question About It.
12
|
JoeyFoxx · 46-50, M
What a weak minded idiot.

What science is discovering is that life on Earth is a statistical anomaly, that the odds for sustained life are so amazingly low, that we are learning how very much alone in the universe we are.

And that god cannot protect us from ourselves.

Ironic that the religious folks who support Trump and others like him who deny climate change are the ones who are hoping that god will save us.

Ain’t gonna happen my friend.

Next up; how lottery winners are determined by the sky man.
JoeyFoxx · 46-50, M
I have literally studied 4 of the worlds most common religions.

What you know about me son is not a lot.

[@10033,hippyjoe1955]
hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
[@802348,JoeyFoxx] Ha ha ha. Sure you have. You took a course in school. That is very very different from studying. Your ignorance is on full display.
JoeyFoxx · 46-50, M
I took no courses. I purchased books and studied them myself.

I have spoken to quite a few religious leaders in the religions I studied.

I do enjoy the assumptions you make about me. It demonstrates your bias. [@10033,hippyjoe1955]

Speedyman · 70-79, M Best Answer
Simply by accepting the scientific method you are accepting a rational universe therefore a rational mind behind it. Unless you are one of those irrational people who believes blind chance creates rationality
Kwek00 · 36-40, M
[@379861,Sharon] Honestly... I think a lot of stuff in the book are pretty great. I mean, it has a fair descent quality in certain chapters. So I'm not going to argue about that. When you look t the preferences on what you like as literature... it's hard to discuss that part. When it comes to the content and if you shoul elovate it to such a standerd that you base your entire world vieuw on it... Well, that's something that I believe can be discussed in earnest.
Kwek00 · 36-40, M
[@740449,Speedyman] Would be cool if Jesus tought you guys to formulate a good argument tough. And explain the scientific method. Instead of telling Thomas that he was stupid to be sceptical when some people said that Jezus came back from the death. And when Thomas finally found out by applying the scientific method [i](trough observation and deduction)[/i] that the story was real [i](at least in the sense that a story can be real)[/i] that Jesus condemned him for not believing all along. Because that kind of stupidity stopped us from progress way to long.

You go Jezus, you go. 👍️
[@889684,Carazaa] emergence
Notspecial · 36-40, F
Quite the opposite. The scientific method points to inconclusive results. That's very different from a peer reviewed conclusion. I could go on, but I have a feeling little I could say will change anyone's mind. Do consider your source here. FOX news is a known conservative program who's audience is more likely to be religious. They will play things directed at that audience. Preaching to the choir if you will.
CookieLuvsBunny · 26-30, F
[@379861,Sharon] [@46009,newjaninev2] [@376875,Pherick]
Talking to Hippyjoe is like conversing with an idiot savant minus the savant;
"eternal universe, nice of you to play"
Harriet03 · 36-40, F
[@728593,CookieLuvsBunny] Ain't that the truth hun!! 🤷‍♀️
Speedyman · 70-79, M
I think you need to look to your own lack of rational thought before name calling.[@728593,CookieLuvsBunny]
cycleman · 56-60, M
what a load of BS!
Sharon · F
[@733370,GodSpeed63] I [b]know[/b] you're lying when you claim to have presented evidence and so would you if you were honest. You've actually said you won't present your evidence until your opponents present theirs. Both statements can't be true. Your lies have found you out. 😄
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@379861,Sharon] [quote]I know you're lying when you claim to have presented evidence[/quote]

You deceive yourself just like you deceive others. I'll be praying for you.
Sharon · F
[@733370,GodSpeed63] You'd do better praying for your own soul, it might make you feel better.
Gouzi · 22-25, M
This is a traditional argument for the existence of God.
https://www.reasonablefaith.org/writings

You might enjoy this wesbite.
Does science point to god?
One [b]Author[/b] thinks it does.😏👍

But saying that science points to god is a misrepresentation of the situation.

All it shows is that the universe is complex and we're discovering that complexity and this gives Metaxis an excuse to trot out the logical fallacy known as an argument from incredulity.

Question:

Why are you happy to accept science when it seems to confirm your beliefs but reject it when it doesn't?
The conclusions are arrived at in the same way using the scientific method.

That's a little self-serving, don't you think?
Either science is a trustworthy tool or it is not.
CharlieZ · 61-69, M
[@733370,GodSpeed63] And besides the theorethical facet, as Sharon said, don´t forget that serious formulations should always reference or be attached to systematic related data, and not only sparse examples.
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@817347,CharlieZ] [quote]And besides the theorethical facet, as Sharon said, don´t forget that serious formulations should always reference or be attached to systematic related data, and not only sparse examples.[/quote]

She just described intelligent design.
CharlieZ · 61-69, M
[@733370,GodSpeed63] Speed, the point where she asked for the data that support the formulation of a theory, no matter which one.
hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
It certainly makes the case for design over evolution. Evolution is a nonstarter that even its founder (Darwin) would now be forced to admit is wrong. After 160 years of frantic searching there still are no transition fossils. All the fossils we fin are fully developed distinct species.
hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
[@817347,CharlieZ] Systematically corrupted results. Been there seen that one. When there is one assumption (that there is no Super Natural) that takes precedent over any investigation, then all the data is skewed to agree with the primary assumption that there is no Super Natural. Some science that is. That is seeking only data that meets your preconception and eliminating any data that contradicts it.
CharlieZ · 61-69, M
[@10033,hippyjoe1955] Ok.
Let´s make the conjecture that you are right about.
And you suggest that there ARE non currupted systmatic research data that, with no kind of previous assumptions, are the basis to infer something alternative.

Good.
Eureka! We are now on solid ground.
So, there is no reason to hide them.
Show us.
Do it.

And, as you´ve said it (and it´s a reasonable expectative for a research) those data are the support of a systematically well formulated theory.

Good and even better!
What I´ve been asking for!!!
Congratulations.
Don´t be shy and bring it!!!!!!!

The clean, extense, systematically meassured and registered specific data with no kind of a priori assumptions.
And the autonomous, alternative, well formulated theory.
Eureka again!
I can´t wait to take a look on that marvel.
Habeas Corpus.
Do it, this time!!!!
CharlieZ · 61-69, M
[@733370,GodSpeed63]

Your words: "The Word of God has been researched as well and is found to be truthful and reliable"

My answers:

- "The Bible teaches us how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go" - Galileo, with previous antecedents.

- The Scriptures, no matter their truthfullness in other important fields, are not a good descrition of the natural world.

- Even if it WERE a description, the research would be ABOUT what the Bible SAYS about the natural world and not researching that natural world itself.

- That would define that "research", not as Science, but (in the dubious best case) as Epistemology.
Whose object, the one of Epistemology, is not about the world in itself but about what (wrong or right) we say we know about it. And thus, Philosophy and not Science.
Science haves it´s own philosophic frame, Philosophy of Science. But, even if attached to Science, is not by itself Science.

In other words, I studdy the Bible since a kid, but do not take it as a source of any scientific assertion.
In this, I agree with Galileo.
redredred · 56-60, M
Which of the 40,000 gods humans have worshipped does it point to and how do you know it's that god?
Speedyman · 70-79, M
Only a idiot goes in for things like this. I
These wdbsites are the product of tiny minds not seekers for truth. They are swallowed by gullible fools. [@336854,redredred]
redredred · 56-60, M
[@740449,Speedyman] And they are 100% accurate and you cant deny any of it. Your bible is full of shit.
Speedyman · 70-79, M
No it isn't, but to make a statement like that, your brain must be[@336854,redredred]
redredred · 56-60, M
I asked you a simple, direct question. Which of the forty thousand gods humans have worshipped is science pointing to and how do you know its that god?
redredred · 56-60, M
That describes about 2-300 gods all written up in various histories, all equally mythical. [@740449,Speedyman]
Entwistle · 51-55, M
[@740449,Speedyman] There is no valid historical evidence of Jesus Christ ever having existed let alone him rising from the dead.
Speedyman · 70-79, M
If you belueve that then you have even less of a grasp of history than I credited you with - ie less than zero. [@589276,Entwistle]
Harriet03 · 36-40, F
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/40/05/16/Harriet03-O3zzCpB1mElla9q.jpg]
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@763897,Harriet03] [quote]You think you are!![/quote]

You don't know me very well, do you?
Harriet03 · 36-40, F
[@733370,GodSpeed63] I certainly do. Your dangerous/delusional!
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@763897,Harriet03] [quote]I certainly do. Your dangerous/delusional![/quote]

You certainly don't. You don't have authority over my life, only God, Yahweh, does.

Spirituality & Religion

Science Really Does Point To God | Spirituality & Religion | Similar Worlds