Spirituality & Religion

Meeting the Westboro Baptist Church 2018| Discussion with Shirley Phelps-Roper | Does God Hate?
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTXcmD1SjLQ]
1
|
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
God hates sin but never the sinner.
Graylight · F
[@733370,GodSpeed63] At this point? Your admission that's Jesus - in the Bible - never said a word about homosexuality.
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@627992,Graylight] Not going to happen because it isn't true.
Graylight · F
[@733370,GodSpeed63] Please, point to the verse in any of the gospels.

Speedyman · 70-79, M
You are dealing here with a bunch of cranks who are unrepresentative of Christians in general. Of course it's the thing the media love. I just wish they focus on the people who are bringing aid to the poor in underdeveloped part of the world rather than this bunch
Badgers · 31-35, F
It’s strange because I remembered her from documentaries as not nearly as calm as she seems in this. Listening to interviews her older daughter who left the church gave helped me understand that there was a human side to these people (of course), and I think it shows a little in this interview too.
llamaboy · 31-35, M
[@803576,Tumbleweed] I was mesmerized watching this video, great interview
Badgers · 31-35, F
True that the interviewer did a good job. [@647548,llamaboy]
Meowsolini · 46-50, F
These are some sick people.
satanburger · 31-35, F
Westboro baptist church are all inbreds that's why they are the way they are.
satanburger · 31-35, F
Wow dog whistle politics are everywhere in that interview.
satanburger · 31-35, F
Ooooo I just spotted an antisemitic dog whistle phrase that is commonly used by white supremacists. I'm going to see what more dog whistle phrases I can hear from this inbred bitch, this is fun.
Graylight · F
This group, pure in their ignorance and blind hatred to be sure, are little more than a tiny "church" founded by the head of a family, whose main parishioners are his progeny and their spouses. Fred Phelps was a bigoted, angry and violent man who funneled his hatred toward gays. The now show up and picket - when they show up at all - in groups that can be counted on two hands. It's a great example of what generational dysfunction and do to a family.

Spirituality & Religion

Meeting the Westboro Baptist Church 2018| Discussi... | Spirituality & Religion | Similar Worlds