I Am American

Should Trump be allowed back on Facebook?

Poll
Yes. Reinstate him.
No. Keep the ban.
Don’t care or no opinion.
Show Results
You can only vote on one answer.
Facebook's independent Oversight Board on Wednesday May 5th is expected to announce whether Donald Trump will have his account reinstated.
Lordlestermount · 46-50, M Best Comment
No he will just keep pushing false election claims if hes allowed back on

pattycakechamp · 26-30, F
FB is a private platform, they can ban whoever they want. Just think that if they do, they should put that disclaimer on their homepage.
CopperCicada · 51-55, M
[@1195228,pattycakechamp] We agree to limitations of our freedom of expression (as well as privacy) when we agree to the ToS.
Kindheartedguy · 46-50, M
Yes. He's not a world leader anymore. I don't think social media should allow leaders of state to have their own account. Communication must run through state government channels.
Well, it would BE BIG of FB to "let" anyone back in after they have been "banned"...who says that President Trump or ANYONE who's banned from FB cares a bit about it. really. fb is nothing.
Rolexeo · 22-25, F
Yes, but stop using Facebook. Use Gab
CopperCicada · 51-55, M
[@1201398,Rolexeo] Well. Sure. But pretty much every conservative, real and faux, has a Twitter presence as well.
Rolexeo · 22-25, F
[@44863,Elessar] You're acting like personal info from those sites are never leaked
Elessar · 26-30, M
[@1201398,Rolexeo] Leaked through basic SQL injection?
MissFugger · F
facebook and twitter should be banned in a free-speech country for censorship...oh, wait..what free-speech country
MissFugger · F
[@1181110,fernie2] yes, i only hear it from brainwashed sheep tho
fernie2 · 56-60, F
[@537009,MissFugger] everything that comes out of his vile anus mouth is hate speech..who's the sheep here?
SumKindaMunster · 51-55, M
[@1181110,fernie2] I don't know about being a sheep, but a hypocritical and irritating moron?

If tha shoe fits!
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
Pretty sure this has only come to light since Trump indicated he was about to launch his own website/media platform and Facebook being Facebook has realised it could sell advertising space to all those who followed him on Facebook before

Call me a cynic
SumKindaMunster · 51-55, M
[@448576,Picklebobble2] In the words of George Bernard Shaw: "The power of accurate observation is frequently referred to as "cynicism" by those who do not possess it."

I think you are 100% correct.
spjennifer · 56-60, T
Don't particularly care, he's become irrelevant now anyway, he's a one and done former Prez, shut up and go away already.
spjennifer · 56-60, T
[@1181110,fernie2] Which is why he needs to shut up and go away!
fernie2 · 56-60, F
[@605026,spjennifer] he is such a jerk
Don't care one way or the other. I don't use FB.
fernie2 · 56-60, F
He shouldn't be allowed to breath
SumKindaMunster · 51-55, M
[@1181110,fernie2] Not the question ostrich lady. What's it like having a blistering case of TDS? You must be sore.
pentacorn · F
FB and DJT can gth
[@664411,pentacorn] FB censored. DJT was banned. FB and anyone who thinks that Our President deserves it...can gth
pentacorn · F
[@1192954,MsAlaineEYes] last i checked President Biden wasn't censored or banned
CopperCicada · 51-55, M
Facebook will make a choice based less on values and principles associated with freedom of speech or the security of society— and simply on financial interest. Maybe the former President on FB is good business. Maybe bad. I am not sure.

I suspect Trump will be let back on Facebook. The actual product of Facebook isn’t people posting. It’s the data mined and aggregated. And I suspect there are customers in line waiting for whatever data is generated around Trumps social media presence.
JoeyHabib · 22-25, M
I don't care but I don't think Facebook should have banned him at all.
fernie2 · 56-60, F
[@1201426,JoeyHabib] then you just don't get it...he causes death and destruction when he speaks.
Vittoria · 61-69, F
He has plenty of other outlets, and he's demonstrated that he can't behave properly on social media. Like small children whose behavior has to be monitored and controlled, and who often have to be disciplined, little Donnie has forfeited certain privileges in my view.

Facebook is a private company and can do what its executives please, but that means that if they wish to let Donnie back on, they have to be prepared to kick him off again.
Virgo79 · 56-60, M
I hope he shuns them🙂
AbbeyRhode · F
Why would he want to? You could not only threaten to murder someone on there, you could actually DO it, film it, and post it, and they have no problem with that. But don't post anything pro-American, or, heaven forbid, THE TRUTH, or you're banned. I dumped that biased propaganda site years ago, and our President doesn't need it, either.
Just to get Censored again?
I don't think he should be allowed on earth.
fernie2 · 56-60, F
It was just decided that the EVIL orange lifeform will remain BANNED!!!

I Am American
Hobbies Travel