By saying "January 6 was a dark day in the history of the United States Capitol" did Pence end his Political Career

"But thanks to the swift action of the Capitol Police and federal law enforcement, violence was quelled, the Capitol was secured. And that same day we reconvened the Congress and did our duty under the Constitution and the laws of the United States."
The Congress did our Duty. Trump's not going to like that. Did Pence jump off the cliff with a statement that was close enough to the truth to get Trump to retaliate?
Viper · 31-35, M
From what I heard he was mostly positive about everything Trump. They're just pulling that one bit because that was the one part that wasn't...

Also normally simply being Vice President ends your political career in recent decades.... yes there are some exceptions.
hunkalove · 61-69, M
Did he ever have a political career, other than in Indiana, a Nazi state? He's a religious nutcase.
[@45528,hunkalove] Was responsible for the death of thousands of people with AIDS.
deadgerbil · 22-25, M
Yes. In the eyes of MAGA, he's a traitor, long before he made these recent comments
Northwest · M
Pence's political career was over the minute Trump was elected. He vouched for Trump with the Evangelicals and Trump delivered. He no longer needs Pence and the Evangelicals no longer need Pence.
[@9416,Northwest] Pence delivered his religion to Trump in exchange for VP. Then he blended into the furniture and tried not to get caught saying anything that would get him in trouble.
luckranger71 · 46-50, M
Yes. One down. Hawley, Cruz, McConnell, Trump, Ron Johnson, Rubio, Scott -well 90% of GOP office holders - to go.
[@9295,luckranger71] Talk about a swamp. There's a rank smell coming from the GQP.
akindheart · 61-69, F
Pence signed his declaration of war on Jan 6th when he took a stand that has cost this country agony. now he is campaigning in states trying to get the nomination because he bucked Trump. what a coward.

they took a show of Trump support and turned it into chaos. Congress did, not trump.
I doubt that one line will affect Pence's career much at this point, or that even Trump is anxious to call him out too much after he almost got the man hanged.

Pence already ran afoul of Trump's rabid bloodthirsty sociopathic supporters and while I'm glad I'm not in his shoes, if I was, I don't think I'd worry too much about courting them, especially since they're currently focusing on attacking Fauci.
trollslayer · 46-50, M
Not to me. I won't vote for any candidate that does not express the views that he did. If they don't, they are traitors.
HatterM · 46-50, M
Who knows. He sounds like a more credible leader than 🍊 but then again maybe his party wants to go in a different direction from him. I don't see why the party can't split if they can't unite.
RodionRomanovitch · 56-60, M
Fuck Mike Pence. He's almost as loathsome as Trump.
PrincessAwesome · 18-21, F
Yep, he's done. If he runs for president now, like he planned, the other Republicans will remind everyone that he isn't 100% loyal to Trump.