What rights are your government giving away while your attention is elsewhere ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55057126

UK government: Education Secretary found to have acted illegally in not consulting child safety bodies before scrapping 65 recognised safeguards for children.

In attempting to push through new laws to try and scrap 'costly' safeguards, the appeal court has ruled they acted unlawfully.

Parliament didn't get the chance to debate the changes.

In response to the judgement a Department for Education spokesman said:
[quote]Protecting vulnerable children has always been at the heart of our response to the Covid-19 pandemic. And our intention has always been to act in their best interest.
We took swift action to bring about temporary changes during a national crisis. All of which have now expired.[/quote]
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
Arseholes! LOL and in case you wondered, that's the polite version!
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
[@7167,Adaydreambeliever]

My sentiment exactly.
I find it worrying though.

Having heard what the government were quite prepared to do to our food with regard to lowering food safety rules and so allowing 'Trump's Turkeys' in despite not meeting existing food safety regulations.....and now THIS.......

What do you suppose was the 'ultimate goal' here ?

I mean we already have care assistants acting as Nurses on wards in hospitals.

I wonder if Health visitors are about to get replaced by same !
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
[@448576,Picklebobble2] Couldn't agree more.. the govt have really shown themselves to be untrustworthy during this period.. I think they've lied to us on numerous occasions and played fast and loose with more than a few things
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
[@7167,Adaydreambeliever] The full effect of which we won't see until after we've extricated ourselves from the E:U i imagine.

Absolute scumbags i'm afraid.