I am not an american but is it dangerous that the US can only produce Trump and Clinton to contest for its biggest prize?
Trump is crude: a sexual predator, serial liar and tax doge, a man with utter contempt for everything and everyone.

Clinton is craven: a woman who will take money from anyone, and say almost anything to attain or keep power.
2
|
This entire election cycle has been a joke.
both are bad
TyphoidJerry · 36-40, M
I think your read on Clinton is wrong. People like to think that she has no values and is a sellout. This is wrong. She has values. And those values are pro-big business, pro-free trade, and pro-war. I trust her to be predictably evil.

That said, the political system in the US is royally fucked. Particularly since it seems to be anti-establishment vs establishment. And the anti-establishment's solutions are like using ebola to cure Crohn's disease.
insextra · F
And you're a nosey ignorant foreign P.O.S. :-)
Why the hostility?
SirfurryanimalWales · 61-69, M
The world quakes!
You would think in eight years at least one of the parties could have delivered a qualified, energizing candidate.

I think much of the problem lies in our intrinsic ties between money and elected office. Only the wealthiest candidates can run, not the most qualified. Still...

The other great problem is voter apathy. It's fashionable here to believe one voice can make no difference, that elections mean nothing. But as long as people fail to follow and affect the entire voting process, from local elections to congressional seats to presidents, we'll end up with these unqualified, contentious "last minute" candidates.

I am not an american but is it dangerous that the ... | Politics | Similar Worlds