Danke Merkel
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/02/27/07/57/CynicGirl-UZdFuSca5y8FLm6.jpg]

new corona cases in europe from 6.10 - 13.10
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
Today?
vetguy1991 · 46-50, M
👍
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
Tell us more! Why do you think this has happened? I take it you speak German? I learned German in school but that was a long time ago.
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
[@379797,CynicGirl] Got it.. so.. Germany is doing way better than the rest of Europe? I think they did better in the first wave too.. yes?
CynicGirl · 26-30, F
[@7167,Adaydreambeliever] its not a competition.. but the effort should be noted
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
[@379797,CynicGirl] Well agreed, everyone should be motivated to make that happen.
😴 you act like this is new. Like it was inevitable for cases to increase. But the real key is not the infection it the death rate. Which has actually has declined and has been declining for awhile now. This virus is hugely overhyped
QuixoticSoul · 36-40, M
[@967051,Darksideinthenight2] [image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/02/25/88/46/QuixoticSoul-6EhPcSQkeR3p46n.jpg]
[@580625,QuixoticSoul] 😴🙄 doesn't grab my attention
windinhishair · 61-69, M
[@967051,Darksideinthenight2] Over 220,000 Americans have died so far, and we have an estimated 10% of the population that has been infected. If it takes 60% or 70% for herd immunity, do the math. That would be well over 1,000,000 American dead. I know that doesn't matter to you in any way, shape, or form, but it does matter to [b]caring[/b] Americans.

The third wave is setting up to be the worst by far, because we are starting off at an already high level, and with at least a third of the nation following the Trump cult and refusing to wear masks or social distance, we are in for more catastrophe.

Would you say that 9/11 was meaningless and overblown, because so few people died?

Would you say that Vietnam was meaningless and overblown, because only 50,000 or 60,000 Americans died? That's such a small and insignificant part of the population, isn't it?

Would you say the American dead in WWII didn't really matter and was overblown, because it was just a small percentage of the population, wasn't it? And people die all the time. Nothing to worry or care about, as long as you can keep living your life. Who cares about the dead or other people?
QuixoticSoul · 36-40, M
It's not just Merkel. That's an entire people not fucking around. Ordnung muss sein mentality on display.
Burnley123 · 36-40, M
[@580625,QuixoticSoul] I Germany, people still trust the government and public advice much more than most places. Merkel has got the big calls right though. I'm not so much a fan because she is a Conservative but Conservative in Germany means something very different to what it means in America, or the UK for that matter.
Burnley123 · 36-40, M
I've said for some time that Germany and Denmark have been dealing with this better than other Western countries.

It's a combination of competent leadership and state infrastructure which hasn't been defunded over the last few decades.
Burnley123 · 36-40, M
I'm living in a dark red part of the UK LOL.

Johnson has just put us on 'tier 3' restrictions, which means the chairs on the Titanic will be re-arranged very well.
BelovedTed · 51-55, M
Deutschland über alles!