Should big tech companies like Facebook, Google, and Amazon be considered monopolies and broken up?
3
|
Having governments pick winners and losers.

deadgerbil · 18-21, M
they certainly do appear to be monopolies, but they are kind of necessary evils.

What's it going to be like if Google is broken up?
deadgerbil · 18-21, M
[@855021,Zoeoz] Personally, I'm content with how Google has everything set up, even if it's at the cost of them knowing everything about me lol.
AMERICA1ST · 51-55, M
[@761112,deadgerbil] They are only necessary evils if people make them necessary. None of them truly are necessary. The world did exist before them and it wasnt that long ago. In fact, it could be argued that our culture was better before them.
therighttothink50 · 51-55, M
[@761112,deadgerbil] spoken like a true new world order done, somebody who embraces your own slavery. Somebody who doesn't know what individual liberty and personal privacy are all about. A person who spits upon the graves of those who have made the necessary sacrifices to preserve freedom, who came before you and knew the dangers of a police state technocracy. People who fought tyranny and who even died for your current way of life, so you are afforded the choices you and all of us now have in life.

God help a generation which has been indoctrinated since birth by such evil entities like google and a leftist totalitarian indoctrination public school system.

When you wake up one day in a full blown surveillance state dystopia, you won't even recognize the invisible chains resting upon you. God help willful ignorance, it's the most dangerous plague mankind has ever known.

Keep laughing about such serious matters such as the leftist fascist tyranny of a technocracy. All part of a corrupt and warped system who count on people like you to exist in their inverse reality fascist world, where leftist technocrats choose the winners and losers in life based upon their rigged and biased system.

evilogooglenews, something you wouldn't understand, a site where tyranny is exposed every single day. Everything is a joke, sarcasm and hyperbole rule supreme within a generation whose vast majority know longer have the ability to think for themselves.
fun4us2b · 56-60, M
Yes
StevetheSleeve · 26-30, M
If you google that question your phone explodes. True story.
Pfuzylogic · 56-60, M
I think the trump brand would be a good start. It has adulterated good government.
MournfulMind · 51-55, F
Fuzzy logic, love[@3118,Pfuzylogic]
Pfuzylogic · 56-60, M
[@8567,Ginnymae] 😉
Heartless · 36-40, M
The government is currently looking at doing just that with Facebook. Instagram and whatever the other major thing Facebook owns will be forced to sell them both off if it goes through.
Zoeoz · 22-25, F
[@595492,Heartless] You're thinking of Whatsapp in addition to Instagram.

It partly inspired this post. The other inspiration was Elizabeth Warren's call to do just that to the companies.
Heartless · 36-40, M
[@855021,Zoeoz] yes WhatsApp that was the other thing they own. Huge ass company, borderline monopoly for sure.
GJOFJ3 · 61-69, M
No
xixgun · M
Personally, I think they have too much power and access. It very much reminds me of the actual point behind the film, "Fight Club".

The central point of that film was that the credit bureaus not only have access to too much of our personal information, but too much power over our lives as well. Why does a company need to run my credit report if I'm applying for a job? I'm not asking for a loan or credit, I'm offering my time and labor for compensation.
nedkelly · M
THEY should pay more taxes
Puffieke · F
I don’t know about Facebook being a monopoly.
MournfulMind · 51-55, F
Here’s my 2 cents: Their expert algorithms = power make them monopoly. Their algorythyms function at a level beyond what is visible/observable at the user interface level. That Congress is concerned... means it’s a big deal. [@14748,Puffieke]

Should big tech companies like Facebook, Google, a... | Politics | Similar Worlds