The worm Turns...
Seems that Trumps personal fixer and lawyer has seen the writing on the wall and come to his senses, realising that the famed Trump loyalty pledge only goes one way....And he's pretty much contradicted everything Trump has been telling his cult..

I wonder if he's heard of this song?

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTWt_pKiMl4]

[quote]
President Donald Trump's longtime personal attorney, Michael Cohen, is putting his loyalty to "family and country" before his old boss.

[b]"My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will," Cohen told ABC News'[/b] George Stephanopoulos in an interview published Monday morning. "I put family and country first."

Cohen has famously said he would take a bullet for Trump and he has fashioned himself as Trump's "fixer," willing to help handle situations quietly. But the interview raises new questions about Cohen's allegiance to Trump amid his legal troubles and subsequent isolation from the President's inner circle.

In his new interview, Cohen refused to follow Trump's lead to cast the FBI in a negative light over April's raids on his home, hotel room and office.
[b]"I don't agree with those who demonize or vilify the FBI. I respect the FBI as an institution, as well as their agents," Cohen said. [/b]"When they searched my hotel room and my home, it was obviously upsetting to me and my family. [b]Nonetheless, the agents were respectful, courteous and professional. I thanked them for their service and as they left, we shook hands."[/b]

Cohen also pushed back at the President's recent tweet repeating Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election, as well.
[b]"Simply accepting the denial of Mr. Putin is unsustainable," he said.[/b]

CNN has reached out to the White House for comment on the interview. [b]The President's legal team declined to comment.[/b]
Discussing the ABC interview on CNN's "New Day," CNN Chief Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin said Cohen's interview "clearly implies that he will make a deal with the government if there are charges against him and testify, cooperate, rather than sort of hold the line for Donald Trump.
"It leaves, of course, many questions unanswered. Will charges be filed? It certainly looks that way given the context of how this unfolded," Toobin said.

Toobin added that if Cohen cooperates with authorities, that could affect the Russia investigation as well, which is separate from the federal probe into his business dealings.

"If you are a cooperating witness with the federal government, you cooperate with all of the federal government," Toobin said. "There is no way he could cut a deal with the Southern District that would not involve also cooperating with Mueller. Law enforcement doesn't work that way."
[/quote]
4
|
Edited: 10 mths ago
coolhandpeza · 51-55, M
I wouldn't be so sure just yet.

Avenatti reckons he's sending (not so) subtle messages to Trump.

Who knows ?

Pianist1234 · 22-25, M
always Remember he is "Attorney"
HerKing · 56-60, M
[@545518,Pianist1234] My bad.. you're correct. ☺ Cohen isn't seen as that bright, but he was bright enough to know that "I'm going under the back wheels of this bus" feeling when Trump denied him on AF1.
Pianist1234 · 22-25, M
[@717007,HerKing] they surely had their differences..
whose reason i don't know

i know nothing of American politics 😂
but this guy sure may not end up in trouble.. i hope coz he is dealing with no one but country's President..
Its actually interesting how long it took for Cohen to come out with this and stop ranting about taking a bullet for Trump, which was kind of dumb and didn't really help either Cohen or Trump much.

My guess is, Cohen is finally realizing he's been left out in the cold by Trump and is scrambling to cut a deal to save his neck, but I'm not thinking this is nearly as big a deal as some are going to make it out to be, since Mueller already has his files.

It is, however, a sign that the investigation is still moving, and I'd expect to see some more indictments sooner, rather than later.
coolhandpeza · 51-55, M
[@717007,HerKing] Michael Caputo it was.
[@717007,HerKing] Ah yes. I remember that nut now.

That is how things should work, especially in a case like this, given the cast of characters involved. It seems like Trump surrounded himself by so many crazies, the problem with credible witnesses is going to be worse than even in a normal criminal investigation.
HerKing · 56-60, M
[@18451,coolhandpeza] The interview I saw was with Nunberg, he was in his cups I think! Never forget a face, names I'm hopeless with.
katielass · F
Early dementia?

The worm Turns... | Politics | Similar Worlds