hippyjoe195561-69, M
I read that the defecrats are so divided in Texas they can't decide on what to order for lunch.
Graylight46-50, F
[@10033,hippyjoe1955] Yes, because if anyone does anything in opposition to your myopic worldview, they must be insane or stupid.
MasterLee51-55, M
[@627992,Graylight] Must be it
Crazywaterspring56-60, M
I'm in Texas and voted early. We have some excellent Democratic candidates on the ballot.
Graylight46-50, F
[@523909,Crazywaterspring] Good to hear they're good candidates and not just an opposition vote against Republicans. Although that would work, too.
jackj56-60, M
Makes sense to me. The article concludes:

鈥淭exas Democrats, however, have not won a statewide race for posts such as governor or U.S. senator for more than two decades, and analysts expect Republican turnout to top that of Democrats on Election Day in a state where Republicans outnumbered Democrats in 2014 primary votes by a more than two-to-one margin.

鈥淓very two years the Democrats find some sort of factoid to fixate on and convince themselves that this is the year where they make Texas competitive - and every two years it falls flat,鈥 said Chris Wilson, a pollster for U.S. Senator Ted Cruz and Governor Greg Abbott, both Texas Republicans.鈥
Graylight46-50, F
[@1158,Jackjjacksonjr] We'll see. Tonight will be telling.
jackj56-60, M
Huh? With the crowded field of democrats there will be some runoff鈥檚. A democratic primary selects democratic candidates. Period. Beyond that you鈥檙e in fantasy land. Not a shocker. [@627992,Graylight]
I have already voted and it was Republican and most of the people I work with are doing the same.
BelEsprit22-25, F
This administration is a total shit show of incompetence, corruption, depravity, scheming and back-stabbing drama.

Here comes the ...
Graylight46-50, F
[@9463,MasterLee] His base is down to, like, 163 people. I'm pretty sure you guys can rent out the gazebo at our local beach.
MasterLee51-55, M
[@627992,Graylight] I am not in his base but you keep thinking that way. Did wonders for you in 2016.
CULTure31-35, F
[@627992,Graylight] Haha they at least need a farewell party 馃槀
NorthwestM
These are the primaries. I hope the Democrats can rally behind the winner, in each major race. Still, I think it's a long shot in Texas.
windinhishair61-69, M
[@9416,Northwest] Demographics ensures that more states will turn blue over time, as white Americans become a minority nationwide. That may not occur until the 2030s, but it is coming nonetheless. Voter suppression efforts and gerrymandering can slow down or reverse the effects for a time, but not in perpetuity. The change, when it occurs, is likely to be abrupt and disruptive as the efforts to maintain the status quo collapse.

The Texas GOP will try anything they can to hang on this fall. I suspect they will, though they will have less support among Hispanics than in the past due to trump and the capitulation of congressional republicans to his variable agenda.
jackj56-60, M
It won鈥檛 even be close boys for the reasons accurately outlined by Northwest. The future will be what it will be chicken counting prior to hatching never ends up well for democrats. 馃悢 . [@9416,Northwest] [@339454,windinhishair]
Crazywaterspring56-60, M
[@339454,windinhishair] Whites are already a minority in Texas. This state is a laboratory for voter suppression through gerrymandering, picture id rules, out of the way polling places etc. Texas is blue in the major cities and will flip in the 2020s. Demographics are changing in Texas and the US.
That's very positive. Maybe folks are finally waking up.
CULTure31-35, F
Yes! Things are changing (hopefully.)

Record number turnout:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/759639/record-number-women-candidates-claim-victory-texas-primaries

[quote]Turnout among Democratic voters surged higher than any non-presidential year primary in 24 years, AP noted, as the party aims to flip three Republican congressional seats this fall. Moreover, much of those extra votes supported the female candidates; in some districts, May runoffs will see two women competing against each other. In Houston's congressional race, liberal activist Laura Moser and lawyer Lizzie Pannill Fletcher will face off this fall, while in southwestern Texas, Iraq War veteran Gina Ortiz-Jones advanced to the runoff as well, with the ultimate goal being to challenge incumbent Rep. Will Hurd (R) in November.[/quote]