I Know Despair All Too Well

causernamebemyusername · 26-30, M Best Comment
Trump supporters want me dead. They support the same guy that wants to destroy:
Social Security (I use that)
The ACA (I use that)
Low income housing (I use that)
Public health (I have an iffy immune system)

Which is why I have become less and less tolerant. They care absolutely nothing about me and want me to suffer and die alone. So I'm going to treat them the same way.
[@406636,causernamebemyusername] I have a local pharmacy here work iij ng with me to give me a deal on my diabetes medication I tried to apply for medicaid cause I cant afford the health insurance the company I work for offers but got denied they said I make too much money even though I make a measily 11 dollars an hour lol
[@4018,ExperienceDLT] Yeah. That is the same caveat I have. I have to stay under a certain income threshold. So I can't even afford to leave the country for a country that actually has universal healthcare😒
Doomflower · 36-40, F
[@406636,causernamebemyusername] ugh so they kind of trap you.

Why do you let Trump own you?
Doomflower · 36-40, F
[@1156591,ImaBigKidNow] yeah pretty much in that context.
[@85866,Doomflower] So you would rather your [i]father[/i] called you a dirty filthy std ridden slut than him telling you he is supporting Trump? And you say Trump doesn't OWN you?
Doomflower · 36-40, F
[@1156591,ImaBigKidNow] if he called me those things it wouldn't hurt me. I am not a child who is hurt by someone calling me a doo doo head.

His support of trump is a concrete thing he is doing that hurts me and he was rubbing it in my face. Perhaps it is an unconscious expression of anger in his part. Whatever it is he ought to be smart enough to know it would pain me to dig in a reminder of our deepest disagreement when there was no reason to bring it up at all.

What you're missing is the context of this in a family system 37 years in the making.

It's common in my family to do things like that. If you're upset with someone bring up some painful event from the past to shame or "put them in their place." Never actually discuss feelings openly. Use snide little jabs to hurt the other person while still being able to feign ignorance and accidental offense so you make the hurt party into the bad guy. It's pretty depressing.
I'm as liberal as it gets, but good grief.
Doomflower · 36-40, F
[@1156195,InkBot] you missed the point.
PepsiColaP · 22-25, F
That reminds me of AHS Election Night lol
Doomflower · 36-40, F
[@1090951,PepsiColaP] ahs?
PepsiColaP · 22-25, F
[@85866,Doomflower] TW: Trump being elected [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBs7C5yDNxI]
Doomflower · 36-40, F
[@1090951,PepsiColaP] oh yeah.

I am going to need medication.

I Know Despair All Too Well