Parenting & Family

If you have multiple kids, do you have to always gift them the same thing so neither gets jealous?

Even when each got their different needs and preferences?
YMITheWayIM · 41-45, M
I do give them same things but with different colours, tastes, sizes.
[@270290,YMITheWayIM] What if their preferences are way more different than just colours?

Like for example, one is interested in art and one is interested in video games...
YMITheWayIM · 41-45, M
[@236612,Atavist] Then I'll give them artistic video games, according to my budget.
FCNantes · 18-21, M
No. Yes.
I once had a gf that had to gift siblings not only the same dollar amount, but also the same physical count of presents
Jackaloftheazuresand · 26-30, M
that was never a problem in my house because you got what you wanted not "I want what costs as much as Tommy's present"
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
When they’re young they don’t care.
The thrill is in that the day is special and they love being the centre of attention.

As they grow older it’s important to teach them the cost and value of what they want.

Or set a limit on what you can reasonably afford for each.
summersong · F
I don’t think my kids have ever gotten jealous over each other’s presents.
Miram · 26-30, F
I don't gift my siblings the same thing. I need them to write a list of their needs so I can keep up though. Problem with kids is that they constantly jump from an interest to another, lolz.

Parenting & Family