Music

Gordon Lightfoot is appearing on CityTv this morning. What do you think? :)
I love the "if you could read my mind"
booboo · M
@unclebuckwasagenius: yeah, when i read this post, that was the first song that popped in my head...
Serenitree · F
@unclebuckwasagenius: one of his best. Sundown was always my favourite. But I can't think of one I didn't like.

Nov. 2/16
7:50 am
it makes me think that superior never gives up her dead.
Isnt he dead? Wasnt he big in the 30s?
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
No, he is not dead. No. Not THAT old. He is a classic who never loses his appeal.
dunpender · 80-89, M
Who the hell is Gordon Light foot and does it matter?
@dunpender: its actually a very good song. I saw an interview where he talked about how the song was made. He was on vacation and saw the memorial for the sailors of the Fitzgerald and visions of what happened came to him. He went back to his room and wrote the song. It was his biggest hit
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
He is a wonderful Canadian folk singer. And his classics are known world-wide.
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
@IstillmissEP: He has had many hits. He doesn't need to write new songs. His old ones stand forever.
ChipmunkErnie · 61-69, M
Love WRECK OF THE EDMUND FITZGERALD
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
If You Could Read My Mind. Cotton Jenny. The Circle is Small. Early Morning Rain. Bitter Green. I love all of them.
funnywaterpipegirl · 80-89, F
Lesbian sex is really good.
funnywaterpipegirl · 80-89, F
@PoetryNEmotion: HA HA!!
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
@funnywaterpipegirl: I don't get it! Really!
funnywaterpipegirl · 80-89, F
@PoetryNEmotion: you get it,you love to have three ways!
VioletShadows · 51-55, F
I was 6 when his song 'If You Could Read My Mind' came out. It reminds me so much of being with my father. I realized when you mentioned this- this song made more of an impact than I had remembered for years. It occurs to me- this may have been the first time I was aware of poetry...and I remember being drawn to his beautiful voice. My dad also loved 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald'- I remember listening to the unbelievably long song entirely, only understanding some of the words, and noticing his pronounced 'r' when he sang it. I asked my dad what the song was about, and he researched it for me and took the time to explain it. This was the first time I was aware that lyrics could be such a big story. 'Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the minutes turn into hours'....that's an epic thought, and quietly genius in the way it's said, in spite of its simplicity. For the last 20 years, I've been writing songs too- and for all my influences I will mention to someone that asks, until this very moment, I never realized the full impact Mr. Lightfoot had on me. Thank you for bringing back sweet memories of my dad, and teaching me something about myself, with this simple post.
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
I was so delighted to read your words. Isn't it amazing how songs can touch our lives? Thank you for taking the time to write this. It means a lot to me. :)
Degbeme · 61-69, M
I haven`t seen him in ages.
Degbeme · 61-69, M
@PoetryNEmotion: :(
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
He is really bent over in form, but his spirit soars. His voice is more frail, but one has only to listen to his words to know that he is an artist who has lived.
Degbeme · 61-69, M
@PoetryNEmotion: Well he isn`t a young man any longer. Yes he has lived a good deal. More so than many of us.
airguitarist · 41-45, M
The haunting wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald was my first Gordon song of recollection. Now on my guitar I love playing sundown
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
I wonder if you would post a video here?
airguitarist · 41-45, M
@PoetryNEmotion: perhaps.
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
@airguitarist: You don't have to show your face! I would love to HEAR it. Do consider this.
MrsKatherineArch · 36-40, F
Jealous. He is a great song writer.
MrsKatherineArch · 36-40, F
@PoetryNEmotion: Of course. That one gets more attention because it was about a historical moment.
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
@MrsKatherineArch: The others sing differently. The E. Fitzgerald is sorrowful and deep, but I like the others much better. I tend to make a path instead of travel those worn.
MrsKatherineArch · 36-40, F
@PoetryNEmotion: I just try to figure out how he finger picks a 12 string...

Music

Gordon Lightfoot is appearing on CityTv this morni... | Music | Similar Worlds