I Have Something To Say About Coronavirus / Covid19
Join Similar Worlds today ยป

Wuhan flu hahahaha

I haven't commented much on the origins of COVID19 because I don't actually care all that much.

But I've thought it laughable when it was proposed to be from bats. Even though they are the source of a lot of novel viruses to humans, the way COVID19 works just doesn't seem like a bat disease.

I've always thought the term "Wuhan Flu" was pretty appropriate. It literally came from Wuhan, we knew it then and only now that we are starting to recover a but we are looking into it and ... yup, pretty much. It looks a lot like the flu too.

My Russian coworkers are so amused with the way Americans act surprised to find out their leaders haven't been honest with them. I love how realistic they are. They like to bitch about stuff behind closed doors but they never say shit about shit in public. The best thing is how they really weren't concerned about Trump... because we all knew who was really in charge there and they considered him an ally if a distasteful one.

I have several coworkers who are officially polyglots. One speaks English, Spanish, Italian, Russian [edited: originally read "Romanian"], and German with varying degrees of fluency. I don't know anyone who speaks more than five languages well.

Anyway I am gonna buckle down more on my Spanish. I want to be able to joke in Spanish this time next year.