I Have Something To Say About Coronavirus / Covid19

This tier lockdown thing

Wtf

So basically you're on lockdown till the 23rd then you can do what you want for 5 days over crimbo then back in lockdown?

Did I get that right?
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
Sounds like our governor. Complete moron.
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
I have a different t mindset now about things. I’m not saying I’m right at all, and this is a very serious to people with compromised immune systems but it’s like the flu. My husband had it and we are on quarantine now. It does kick your ass as far as fatigue but either lock us down until the vaccine comes out or stay open and be cautious. We can’t keep going like this. [@467717,Gangstress]
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@11509,Keepitsimple] 100% I'm with ya

Either lock us down completely or let us proceed with caution. This stop start are making the while country depressed

I hope you are both are getting better hun?
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
[@467717,Gangstress] Yeah he’s fine but tired. I think the older you are the longer it takes to bounce back though.
DUMBSHlT · 22-25, M
That... is pretty dumb :D
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@1127345,GermanAf] it really is
johnbgood · 46-50, M
As long as you only do it with three households indoors!
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@856134,johnbgood] is that right tho? So lockdown then 5 day break. Then lockdown?
johnbgood · 46-50, M
[@467717,Gangstress] Well the current tiers in England will be revised in 14 days, and then again, so if the numbers have gone up Christmas may be a lock down. We shall have to wait and see
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@856134,johnbgood] lol its madness mate
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
Uk is being ridiculous
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@502796,Sibo191] yep
KJTinkles · F
It’s becoming an absolute joke isn’t it.. we are in tier 2 now ffs
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@920408,AngelofSparkles] mate honestly. I'm like seriously?! Wtf is going on in their heads. Most of the country is now on tier 2 or 3 bar 3 places in the south. Tf
KJTinkles · F
They havant got a clue what they are doing lol 😂 [@467717,Gangstress]
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@920408,AngelofSparkles] who the fuck voted these clowns 🤡?! Lol
Moonpenny · F
Insanity rules as per ✌🏻🙄
Moonpenny · F
[@856134,johnbgood] Good thinking!
johnbgood · 46-50, M
[@227793,Moonpenny] I am good at thinking about food and drink :)
Moonpenny · F
[@856134,johnbgood]
It's the only thing left....aargh!
The corporate retail stores have to keep the customers coming in to buy, buy, buy. And in the meanwhile small business owners are losing their shirts.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] yep, this is 100% what is happening here. We've even started buying from smaller shops here to try and at least help. Its been a horrible year
[@467717,Gangstress] they are killing the Middle Class is what they are doing.
Well yes and no - the Christmas relaxation still has rules, you can be in a 3 household exclusive bubble over Christmas.

But like you say - we're about to go tier 3 - so noone to mix indoors at all and only 6 max outdoors in a public space.

Suddenly on Christmas I could have 18 in my house! Makes no sense at all

I personally thought that other faiths had a potential case under the 2010 Equality Act as well ...
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@14688,Nunos50] tory Britain. That equality act won't stand due to covid and cases at the time restrictions were in place.
[@467717,Gangstress] note the part though

[quote]It means that public bodies have to consider all individuals when carrying out their day-to-day work – in shaping policy, [/quote]

In shaping policy they have deliberately set an exception for a Christian festival not even the most important one, which was held without services in a lockdown. So with precedence set for Easter then Eid then Diwali then Hanukkah suddenly Christmas is different? Bit lost by the whole thing.

My son who is seconded into the imperial modelling team just estimated it'll be at least hundreds possibly thousands of additional deaths due to this. Where's the science led agenda now?

Grrrrr so angry about it all.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@14688,Nunos50] there isn't a science based agenda at all. that's the problem. This was advised by public surveys and what the public wanted. Whilst I get what youre saying they will throw the equality law out. They have already pretty much backed up with figures with it.

Christmas is celebrated globally. By most. I asked my parents what they preferred doing and they said Christmas. Even though we are Hindu and celebrate Diwali. We see immediate family more over Christmas over diwali. As we'd much prefer that than random twats lol. But that's not everyone I suppose

Its just a mess mate
HatterM · 46-50, M
I'm not even bothering to try to understand in detail. During "lockdown" I basically stay in unless I have to go out for anything critical such as essential food or meds. Police can fine anyone £200 just on suspicion and if you don't pay you go to court and get a criminal record if you lose. Really not worth the risk, from what I've seen of police and CPS.
Same here, we're in red zone, no one is allowed to visit you or you them.. but the 24, 25, 26 and 27 of dec... we are allowed to have gathering and parties for up to 10 ppl from 3 houselhold... like seriously??
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@630459,SimplyChantou] honestly mate. Its like I really wanna see my parents but I just don't know ya know. Its pretty fucked up