I Have Something To Say About Coronavirus / Covid19

People either need to learn to read or stop acting entitled.

I sell some stuff online and the ad says "Delivery method: mail".

One after the other makes a bid, I agree on the price and ask for their address. Then they ask if they can pick it up, I say no and they cancel.

So many people just assume the advertised terms don't apply to them, but especially during a pandemic it's entitled to assume you can visit someone.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
Yeh i don't get that. But assuming a lot of people's patience is wearing thin. People are desiring normality but not thinking of the risks involved. Selfish springs to mind
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@467717,Gangstress] yes, it's understandable to wish to see people, but this is not the time and certainly not to involve strangers in that.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] exactly buddy
GLITTER · 31-35, F
Why would they want to pick it up when it can just be delivered to them. People are weird
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@610096,GLITTER] they are cheap. They live nearby (or in many cases "nearby") and don't want to pay for shipping.
GLITTER · 31-35, F
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] we had a customer willing to drive a 450 mile round trip to save himself £49 delivery. The petrol would have cost more than that tbh 😂
Becksta · 36-40
If they pay for the item in advance and give you a collection time, couldn't you just leave it outside the door for them to pick up from the doorstep???

I know that your main concern is Covid19 - but I won't answer the door when I am at home alone - and we have had items delivered onto our doorstep as a workaround for that issue before and during Covid19, as well as leaving things out there for others to collect.
Becksta · 36-40
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] Let them knock. All you have to do is keep the noise down and pretend that you are out at work or something... they have no way of knowing if you are in or out of the house unless they see you there..
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@421598,Becksta] good point, I could have left right after putting the package out of course. Although going out in a pandemic kinda defeats the purpose of not opening the door, but that's a minor detail.
Becksta · 36-40
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] Unless they know that you aren't a doctor or something, they have no way to know if you are an essential worker or not.
That is annoying and yes, very entitled.

I had one agree to a price and then on collection try to barter so I told them no deal.
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
You can leave it on your doorstep
spice1 · 41-45, M
People hate waiting to get their stuff after they pay for it, it's understandable them wanting to go pickit up if it's within close distance I would do the same, I don't care about seeing people I would just want my stuff.
spice1 · 41-45, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] or just don't care, like I say people just want their stuff.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@481833,spice1] whether they don't read or don't care, it's annoying and disrespectful, and an extra line won't make a difference.
spice1 · 41-45, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] yes I agree but people are people.