The SW Team is pleased to provide you with an update of what has been implemented since our last announcement.
[b]Nothing has changed about your current settings or how your information is processed. We've simply improved the way we describe our practices with the data we hold.[/b] We made these changes as the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect in the European Union from 25 May 2018.
Surprisingly, we were getting several requests to implement this.
[b]You can now Gift someone with VIP time![/b]
To do so, visit the link below, type the username of the user you want to give VIP to, and proceed with the payment as normal: http://similarworlds.com/vip?upgrade&gift
Also, you can now choose between different VIP badges - ⭐ ❤
We made a number of improvements to the VIP payment page to help you choose your best payment method, e.g. pay with your credit card (using PayPal as the trusted system).
[big]• Profile Layout improvements 📝[/big]
We made a number of improvements to the Profile page design.
This change not only allowed us to have a better fit for Mobile phones, but also gives us the flexibility to add new features in the future.
A few things we've already added are: • Followers counter • Joined date • Online date (VIP users can see exact date)
All of the above are optional and you can configure that on your Edit Profile settings.
[big]• Other Relevant Interface and Security improvements ⚒[/big]
• [b][c=#BF6900]We added pagination in our Search pages.[/c][/b] This allows you to find many more results of Groups and Posts you are searching.
• [b][c=#BF6900]We fixed an old issue with photo rotation.[/c][/b] Many uploaded photos were being uploaded with the wrong orientation. This was not necessarily a bug in our system, and while we do provide a tool for users to rotate their images to the right position, this was something we definitely could fix. Therefore, orientation of the images will now be corrected at the time of uploading.
• Improved navigation in a number of pages, such as Gifts and Friends. We are still working on this to ensure both Mobile and Desktop have easy and accessible interfaces. Also, when you Edit a long post, we will automatically scroll you to the beginning of the text box, for your convenience.
• Loads of improvements to account security and protection, such as processes for activating account, validating email address, forgot password, etc...
• We made several improvements to the Deleted Posts page, making it easier for you to manage your hidden and deleted posts.
💡 [b][c=#BF0000]If you find any weird behavior in our system, please let us know straight away by sending any of the admins a Private Message or an email to us. This is the best way to reach us and ensure that we will look into the problem as soon as possible.[/c][/b]
Thank you for your support and we hope you continue to stay with us.
We are constantly listening to your suggestions, so please keep giving them to us, as they are very important to the future of Similar Worlds.