Email or Username

Admin Announcements

Hello,

🌟 As Andrew has previously mentioned, we listen to our members and we are actively working in improving your experience on Similar Worlds, while doing our best efforts to keep our business stable and keep Similar Worlds free for everyone. So, we have just released the following two Settings:

[big]• Hide 1 Advertisement Block of choice[/big]
We now allow ALL members to optionally [b]remove ONE Ad space of choice[/b] from view.

This setting will be automatically reset once per week. However, it only takes seconds to reactivate and remove your Ad of preference again.

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/00/08/19/63/Nuno-iwYs6J7Nf-b.jpg]

[sep]

[big]• Disable Animations/Effects[/big]
You can use this setting to [b]remove all Animations or Effects[/b] we add to the site's interface, such as the spinning/changing Similar Worlds Logo and Home icon in the header.

We understand that a few people do not like this new addition, while the majority do seem to like it.
We want to do our best to make sure everyone can he happy and comfortable here.

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/00/08/19/67/Nuno-gLJtCc2K4-b.jpg]

[sep]

[big]• Improvements for Mobile[/big]

We've also made some improvements in the way the advertisements appear on mobiles.

They are not refreshing so often and we are also freeing up some "resources".

Hopefully, this will speed up your mobile experience very much!

[sep]

[b]Coming very soon:[/b]

[big]• VIP Membership[/big] [i][c=#666666](repeating again from the last announcement)[/c][/i]
VIP Membership will be available for purchase very soon on Similar Worlds.
We are right now in the final stages of having it ready for availability.

Features:
[c=#BF6900][b]Remove Ads • VIP Badge • See Profile Visitors • See all post/comment Hearts • Seen Message Indicator • Invisible Mode • Boost in Photo Limit • Boost in Block Limit •[/b][/c] and more to come!

[c=#666666][i](Several VIP options, like "VIP Badge", are optional and can be disabled or enabled at any time.)[/i][/c]

[sep]

Thank you for your support and we hope you stay with us.

We are constantly listening to your suggestions, so please keep giving them to us, as they are very important to the future of Similar Worlds.

Very kind regards,
Nuno
26-30, MAdmin
|
Fungirlmmm · 46-50, F
That's a nice option. Thank you.
RoutineCharacter · 22-25, M
You haven't met Michael O'Leary have you? I think you two would hit it off.
illw84u · 26-30, F
👍
Maybe being back the "library" and "favorites" that EP had. Oft we forget what we really liked and wish to go back to it. but it may be months or weeks back. With these feature they are at our fingertips. EP, in 2012, listened to ZEUS and no longer deemed them important. They were wrong. And let us TITLE our PM's-as we used to do. That cannot be that hard of a fix.

Bring back challenges> And causes. And those who contribute to those causes-and can shop SW , get a discount on their VIP membership. or they get other functionality for a bit. Like a cloud storage area for things they have wrote.
What are the other animations which exist apart from the changing logo?
Ironicman · 46-50, M
Thanks, I've turned off the top advert and its stabilised the menu bar floating around and resizing in IOS mobile browsers. That was crazy yesterday when ads went live. Why the weekly reset? It's a "work around" thing to have to keep doing. If you guys could rethink on that it will be appreciated by many.

Andrew mentioned the mobile app is possibly a couple of months away and it got me thinking on your development status bars. They were great when the site first launched because they were moving fast pace as you developed. Now you're a couple of months in they're pretty much static and never move. Will it be possible to rethink how the progress is displayed? Maybe publish an anticipated completion date rather than the current status bar?

It's clear you do listen and that makes this site comforting to know users are part of the journey. Thanks
Fungirlmmm · 46-50, F
I'm glad this got fixed for you Icon. I like the idea of potential completion dates.
Ironicman · 46-50, M
Thanks FGmm, PS, you're the second in as many days to call me icon or iconic rather than iron or ironic. I may just change my name but am not sure I deserve iconic status yet!
beckyromero · 31-35, F
Thanks, Nuno.

Very nice feature in being able to choose one ad section to eliminate.
JustNik · 41-45, F
Thanks for trying to help Nuno. I appreciate the updates and the efforts and the fact that you guys are not only visible but willing to interact with us to some degree. And the mods are awesome too. It really is turning out better than I ever expected (I was one of those skeptical ones LOL)! 🤗

33304 subscribed to
Admin Announcements
Announcements from the Similar Worlds admins.
Categories: Similar Worlds

Hello, 🌟 As Andrew has previously mentioned, we l... | Admin Announcements | Similar Worlds