Friends & Acquaintances

I am not good at keeping my friends.
I had to leave most of my friends when I went to college, I still love them and see them as an important part of my life, but I don't miss them at all. I never text them or call, when we talk they are always the ones who start the conversatio...
Edited: 3 yrs ago
Fernie · F
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of "love"....you miss people you love. You might not see them often but if you still love them...you miss them. Don't take friends for granted. They are just as important as blood relationships...often more important and should be nurtured. It isn't easy to find real friends these days.
Thanks for the advice. In that case I only love my mother and siblings. I wish it was easy for me.
I'll make an effort though
Originalme · 22-25, F
I'm the same way. It's been 5 months since I last saw them and I don't feel like getting in touch with anyone from my past. My phone is pretty much always on flight mode except when I need to call my mother. I met a couple of them on the street and we were planning on going out and spending as much time as we can doing various activities together- but all of that fell into water. I don't think that's weird. It's just that we all go our different ways. That used to bother me before but I'm starting to get used to this idea that every single person in my life is there just temporarily. It makes me more independent and I don't get particularly excited about meeting new people or getting close to anyone. Sometimes I feel like I don't have feelings for other people but I think that just might be a defense mechanism since I'm actually quite emotional. I think I wrote enough xD
Originalme · 22-25, F
Permanently? I'm an idiot. (Temporarily**)
It's very nice yo know that I am not alone. I like the way you are going about it. I actually also like the fact that it makes me not dependent of anyone emotionally, I just wish I could show people i care, which is not hard to do when we are physically together, but once we split... You know the whole story lol. I am sure we both have feelings for them, let's say we are just the way we are :)
oneofnine · 61-69, M
That sounds good. You will always need your mother. Not in the same way all the time, but somehow.
Friends will come.
Thank you for your reply, it's always very nice to read a reply from you :)
oneofnine · 61-69, M
@MrMarcus: Thank you. It is nice to chat with you as well.

Friends & Acquaintances

I am not good at keeping my friends. | Friends & Acquaintances | Similar Worlds